The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Other fora

Other fora

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Hello good people of OLO.

I was just wondering how many of you contribute to other fora or discussion sites, and which sites these might be.

Or do most of us just contribute to Australia’s most eminent political and social forum: OLO, and leave it that?
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 12 July 2010 8:57:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here, Twitter - got plenty of friends on there, I write for a video game website, so there too, and I sort of hang with a group of people that gravitate around John Birmingham - local writer - and his blogs on various sites and about his books and stuff. But we've all got our own blogs and various other things. I do a lot on Youtube too.
Posted by StG, Monday, 12 July 2010 9:58:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig, I only post on OLO now. I used to post on some of the other news sites and blogs, but found some of the other people were too politically militant for my liking.

There was far too much politics as a subject, and I became bored quickly. There also seemed to be far more nasty women-haters on those sites as well.

I like OLO because it mixes up the subjects- although I am well over climate change as a subject now- even though it is terribly environmentally incorrect to say so!
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 12 July 2010 10:03:06 PM
Dear Ludwig, first I wish to thank you for your interesting latest threads for starters and secondly wish to respond that OLO is the only site I belong to and contribute; for a few reasons. I have not set aside time to search for other forums and been pleasantly surprised that many people on OLO have taught me to date sufficiently well on various topics. Many OLO participants seem to be quite giving in terms of sharing their thoughts which I respect and admire tremendously in addition to enhancing my sense of humour.

For instance, a moment ago Hasbeen made me laugh for quite a while with his comments on your Ringo thread Ludwig, along with quite a few other people!
Posted by we are unique, Tuesday, 13 July 2010 12:13:28 AM
Only post here Ludwig.
Once posted in a few others but no longer.
Left a workers rights one mid workchoices!
Liked it very much and 99% of posters.
But extremists do more damage than good.
So here I stay, worth noting extremists often have a voice only online.
Wonder why?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 13 July 2010 5:06:14 AM
we are unique says:

"For instance, a moment ago Hasbeen
made me laugh for quite a while with
his comments on your Ringo thread Ludwig,
along with quite a few other people!"

Ludwig! You thread hijacker, you! "... your Ringo thread Ludwig, ..." indeed!

Interesting how easy it is to pick up a false impression, isn't it?

That thread was started by benq, we are unique. But don't worry, others, myself included, have probably done similar things on OLO, or even in real life. I'll bet it must have been Ludwig's style that impressed you so much that you attributed the thread to him. Or perhaps the hinted resonance with Rebroff?

Then again, perhaps I should hedge my bet. Could it be (at the risk of coining another term on OLO) that Ludwig could be described as a threadhog on the topic '[Yoko?] OH NO! This is a horrible disaster.'? (I could not find any 'Ringo' thread that Ludwig had started, which, while I am nitpicking and being deliberately dense, brings up another minor deficiency in the OLO site: the inability to search for '(General Discussion) threads started by opening poster x'.)

More on topic, I post primarily to OLO, but on occasions have posted to the Ubuntu Forums (a primarily technical forum relating to the Ubuntu Linux computer operating system and open source software in general), the dpmc.gov.au forums, and, if you could call it a forum, Twitter. I tend to use Twitter primarily as an alternative communication channel for feedback to OLO when the OLO site enters one of its 'episodic' server error or slow loading phases.

It is interesting the sort of user profiling one can do on OLO. Ludwig is obviously building one up steadily, but everyone can use it, so don't feel threatened, just be mindful of the picture of one that can be built up from little throw-away remarks or snippets of information that one leaves here and there around the Forum. Here is an earlier profiling effort of Ludwig (the Threadhog?, AKA Mad Ludwig of Herbaria): http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=2044

350!
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Tuesday, 13 July 2010 7:12:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy