The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Refuges

Refuges

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Boat people? Australia? no I am thinking of the worlds problems with people looking for a better life.
Should we fail in Afghanistan, we surely will, how many refugees will want to leave.
If starvation and generations of brain washing, half a century of Chinese self interested support see,s north Korea fall how many refuges will leave.
If a war broke out between India and Pakistan how many boat people?
How can the world do better for these folk?
Iran, now soon Turkey sees people wanting western style freedoms and others wanting Islamists style who will win? how many refuges?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 25 June 2010 4:50:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I imagine, lots, from all examples.
Except North Korea- there will likely be no collapse or refugee exodus until some allied powers invade it.

North Koreans will likely flee to China, South Koreans (if a war) will likely go to Japan, America and Australia.

Afghanis and Pakistanis will flee mostly to one of the immediately neighbouring Islamic countries, or to Europe or Australia, Indian refugees in any war will try South East Asia, possibly China, or Australia, Europe or America.

Most local countries already have large communities of the corresponding refugees that have integrated fairly well, so there will be little opposition unless large foreign powers demand they shut doors- or are under more sectarian divisions (like some parts of Malaysia).

As far as attractive Western countries (including us) are concerned, who WILL see a lot of arrivals- the Iranians and Turks wanting Western Lifestyles (or are Sufis) being displaced by Islamists should be given a chance and let in (after checks to ensure that is who we're getting)- others might need to prove their compatibility a bit more first to the countries they try to enter. It depends on how secular the Islam-wary nations believe the arrivals will likely be.

For me, refugees are owed our efforts to determine if we should give them a chance.
For those who are fundamentalists, harbour too incompatible attitudes or views, engaged in criminal/militant conduct and generally won't likely pass as good neighbours (at least as far as the average Western local), Western countries shouldn't be obligated to take them.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 25 June 2010 3:06:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If?
If?
If?
If?
If?

Sounds like you're not wanting "genuine", informed discussion.

Sounds like you're trying to push an ideological opinion regarding refugees.

I'll take a guess . . . I bet you're anti "boat" people (regarding refugees on Aussie soil). Am I right, or am I right?

"nuff said!
Posted by benq, Friday, 25 June 2010 3:13:16 PM
Now you have me worried.

We had better start building lots of small patrol boats, with big guns.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 25 June 2010 4:01:54 PM
Face some facts benq, your views are not the only ones.
And if? after ww11 refuges by the millions found new homes all over the world.
This country's greatness in a big part came with those who came here.
Greens, mainly rich middle class voters, are not going to detract from the fact hundreds of millions if they could would swap countrys now.
Look at Zimbabwe, and KH has not convinced me his north Koreans would all go to China.
But he has highlighted why China is propping up a family enslaving a whole brain washed slave country.
benq, rather than blind throw away lines understand we, the whole world, should plan to do some thing about the dreadful life these people run away from.
We invade Iraq and Afghanistan and will leave without changing that life, prop up people who run such country's
All the bleating in the world from PC driven folk will not change the fact humanity must address this problem.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 25 June 2010 5:45:49 PM
And when did I say my views were the only ones? Show us the "quotes" to back up that false claim. You can't ....... of course.

Of COURSE humanity must address the problem. BUT...... the problem is NOT refugees. The problem is the conditions that refugees escape from. The fix for that is long and slow, and is technology and communications based ......... for example some parts of China already have a greater standard of living than the USA or Australia (the right wing stigma against all of China that they are totally underfoot and disadvantaged is NOT accurate). It will take several hundred more years to eliminate the social and religious and political conditions that lead to impoverished (and not impoverished), war torn , displaced, disenfranchised people fleeing their homelands.

Until we get rid of the God bothering and politics and ideologies, we will continue along the primitive path from whence we came.

It's interesting that some people get in a fluff about "boat" people, but never even think about "plane" people. People should drop the prejudice, bigotry and inhumanity towards "boat" people, and work towards the "real" solution I've outlined........ a solution that will take many lifetimes to properly implement owing to human nature being what it is and it's primitive nature and unwillingness to "CHANGE".

There is NO "quick fix". In the meantime, DON'T punish the victims because of fear or paranoia that they'll come here and do to us what we did to the Aboriginal people of this land.
Posted by benq, Friday, 25 June 2010 6:16:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy