The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The World Cup

The World Cup

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. All
Severin,

I've never heard of the colliwobbles or Lou Richards who came up with the name....Ha!

You're correct....last years Grand Final was a hard fought game and St Kilda did well to lose...lol

I too am thrilled that the Orange Stains have made it through to the final. They beat Uruguay and so Suarez's hand-ball hasn't been rewarded too highly and karma rules again.

Poor Ghana!

This pressure build-up begs the questions, What will cause a result?

Will it be:

...A handball that decides the outcome?

...A refs mistake?

...A pretend injury that tips the balance?

...The hooters deafening effects on a sensitive players ears?

...A red card given by a sight impaired referee?

...A dive, in or near the rectangular thingymebob?

OR will it be a penalty shootout...from a game where no-one actually was skilful enough to hit the back of the net?

OMG I can feel the pressure building....What error will cause a result...lol

I hope for all you soccerball heads that it is through a wonderfully hard fought game, where both sides play attacking soccer, where the fans are on the edges of their seats due to the mastery and skill of the players on the field.

A game where attacking surges are only shut down by heroic, fair defence. Where great goalkeeping builds the pressure, as each team rifles the ball in at that brave, single man, who protects the net.

A game where no-one gets a headache attempting to score...lol

And a game where Celivia manages to restrain herself from overindulging and doesn't fall asleep prior to the result, in her orange juice fuelled stupor!...lol

Where her balloons aren't prematurely popped.

Where Severin's tight, body hugging, Orange jumper isn't too tight to make her faint from breathlessness.

One can only dream,...but suddenly, with a rush of realism to quell my mounting adrenalin, I remember.....

OMG it is only soccer....and my dreams are crushed once again by the ordinariness of the round ball game!...lol

I still hope everyone's team comes a draw...lol

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 2:06:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I see Hyacinth Bucket doing strange things in the corner..." Mmwwoaaahahaha, I think that CF will give up 'coz you two are incorrigible!

Great to read that the vuvuzelas have been banned this weekend in Aucland! It must have been easier to ban them from the Eden park sports grounds because loud, noisy instruments have never been allowed there in the first place (if I am to believe my husband).

My crystal ball tells me that there is a good chance that they will gradually be banned at more and more sport events.
If not, I might buy shares in ear-plug companies. Hehehe not that I'm into shares, but perhaps it's a way to go "from rags to riches" or to "sleep while you get rich". Lol.
Posted by Celivia, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 4:12:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh No, I am crushed the Germans didn't win against Spain. Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, OK I'm over the sadness...lol

So now we have a final between the Orange Stains and the Darker Orange Stains but at least the World Cup Officials saw that problem coming and both have away jerseys as well.

For the round ball challenged here are the Uniforms

Spain Home Jersey http://www.worldsoccershop.com/47902-sc.html

Spain Away Jersey http://www.worldsoccershop.com/47896.html

Netherlands Home Jersey http://tinyurl.com/39v6wte

Netherlands Away Jersey http://www.worldsoccershop.com/376907-wh.html

Now I bet that's a load off all our minds...lol

I think I'll barrack for nobody....and just be glad that CJ has sent me all those millions for my expert commentaries.

Thanks CJ

Good Luck Celivia, your balloon popping neighbour can have a rest for another 4 years...lol
Posted by Opinionated2, Thursday, 8 July 2010 9:58:44 PM
Thank you for your good luck wishes, Opi. I'm afraid we will need all the good luck we can get. The Spanish were so strong against Germany!
Anyway, I don't mind as much if Spain wins- just didn't want to lose from the Germs.

I'm glad you did so well out of this discussion, financially. I was surprised that CJ pays you for comments... I thought YOU were paying HIM to let you post here, lol.

Nah you have been great entertainment. Sometimes it's just fun to joke and tease a little, isn't it?

I haven't seen my neighbour after Spain's victory. I hope he still lives!
Posted by Celivia, Thursday, 8 July 2010 10:13:26 PM
I would much preferred a Dutch/Cherman play-off. And rather like Spain for many reasons. To my misfortune I do not have any Spanish friends but I do have a Dutch friend or two.

GO ORANJE! ! ! ! !

Nigel de Jong is a bit of a hunk:

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20090911/09/556663746-11092009095123.jpg

Speaking of hunks, Nick Riewoldt (team captain to the ignorant) is baaaaaack. GO SAINTERS:

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/St+Kilda+Training+Session+LS08niYXGK4l.jpg
Posted by Severin, Sunday, 11 July 2010 3:59:21 PM
Sev, you really know how to pick 'em :))
Muscles are always good!
I recently discovered that there is such association as DAFA:
http://www.aussierulesinternational.com/home/world/europe/netherlands

That must be pretty exciting for the Flying Dutchman, to be able to play Aussie rules! Who'd 've thunk! Thanks to you and the other Aussie rules fans here I'm a little bit more updated about footie!

Well, my freshly baked orange-iced (read: stained) cupcakes are ready to be eaten (either out of frustration OR celebration).
I hope they'll taste as good as they look!
Lemme thank you for your support. But oh no, something smells fishy... Paul the Octopus has predicted Spain will be the winner! Perhaps if I feed him a cupcake he'll change his cute little mind!

If Oranje wins, then I will offer you all (even you, CF) a cupcake on the house! Includes a drink of freshly squeezed orange juice, of course :)
Posted by Celivia, Sunday, 11 July 2010 4:38:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. All