The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Kurdistan: Why do we stand back and allow the slaughter to continue?

Kurdistan: Why do we stand back and allow the slaughter to continue?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Oh and by the way, let me state my interest so there can be no further suggestion of a vested interest.

I am NOT Jewish, I am an Anglo-Celtic Australian (8th Generation), whose family has fought in every one of our wars, except the one at present.

My family were in the Light Horse, appreciate the fact that the Zion Mule Corps supported the ANZACS at Gallipolli, also the fact that they were supportive of the Light Horsemen when they fought their way through the Holy Land (one of my great-grandfathers was charged after going AWOL for 20 days in the Holy City). If you had ever asked a Light Horseman what they thought of the Arabs, it would be unprintable.

My grandfather was in the 2nd AIF, 2/31st Btn, in Israel during WWII, before fighting through Lebanon & Syria (prior to being recalled to the Pacific). His views echoed those of his fathers vis-a-vis the respective groups, the Jews fought with them (Moshe Dayan lost his eye during the bombardment of Lebanon with the British Navy in WWII), while the Arabs were sneaky, spying scum.

I am proud to state that my family and myself have been adopted into a large aboriginal clan, but the only time I've ever claimed it is in Qld Watchhouses (the place where it would be least beneficial).

PS I also do not have ANY connection to Mossad
Posted by Custard, Sunday, 6 June 2010 9:32:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ Morgan, I am not a Zionist of ANY stripe...

But do I support the legitimate aspirations of the Kurdish Nation, yes, especially to the extent that they would stabilise the Middle East. Make no mistake, the Kurds would willingly attack any of their 4 neighbors given the equipment, which is more than enough to keep all 4 "honest" as it were.

Turkey's tantrums at present come from having been excluded from the EU for their appalling history of Human Rights abuses (which any fair-minded observer would agree make Israel's claimed abuses pale into insignificance).

Why do I support the Kurds? I am a keen amateur, military Historian and one of my greatest heroes would be Saladin, who was a Kurd. That got me interested in the fate of the Kurds and it echoes that of the Armenians, except that the Kurds, when given the chance, have built a model society in Northern Iraq, with a fairly equitable distribution of wealth, exceptionally good security (especially for the region) and an enviable record with regard to the minorities in their midst.

Why do I support Israel, see the post above. Lt Gen Sir "Harry" Chauvel is another hero of mine.
Posted by Custard, Sunday, 6 June 2010 9:51:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So you're just a right wing military nut who hates Arabs, Custard?

Fair enough - thanks for clearing that up.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 6 June 2010 10:02:31 AM
No, actually, I am from the left-wing of the Labor Party. I just despise liars and those who seek to con the naive with propaganda stunts. That said, I have no great love for the Right-Wing of the Labor Party, I regard them as being more dangerous to the Australian Worker than the Liberal/National Parties.

As for Arabs, I know some in Sydney. The ones I know are Christian and have nothing but a deep and abiding hatred for their Moslem brethren. Perhaps they know something you don't?
Posted by Custard, Sunday, 6 June 2010 11:28:04 AM
OK, so you're a left-wing military nut who hates Arabs and Islam.

Cool. :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 6 June 2010 12:13:06 PM
LOL

Let me get this straight.

We're not going to discuss the well-documented oppression of the Kurds at all?

Instead we're going to discuss Israel?

A textbook example of two of Meyer's rules of online discussion.

MEYER'S FIRST RULE

Regardless of the original topic, as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of Israel being attacked approaches 1.

MEYER'S SECOND RULE

No matter what the original topic if an online discussion continues for long enough the proportion of posts devoted to attacking or defending Israel approaches 100%

Arguably it is also an example of MEYER'S THIRD RULE:

When confronted with inconvenient facts about Islam change the subject to Israel.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Sunday, 6 June 2010 12:14:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy