The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Australia really a racist country

Is Australia really a racist country

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Arjay

Quote:

""When are people like Amel going to stop using the racist tag and their own victim status to gain unfair leverage?

Amel ,if you want to know about real racism,go to Japan or China;but they are not easy targets like the self flagellating,guilt ridden Anglo Saxions who continually apologise for their success"".

I never asked for anything or to be treated differently from anybody.

Actually a friend of mind is studying Journalism in Japan, and don't have to go to China because the Chinese are coming to Africa and other countries aswell.

In the last five years China's activity in Africa has swept the continent.

http://www.channel4.com/news/special-reports/special-reports-storypage.jsp?id=310

Nearly 700 Chinese companies operate in 49 countries
Trade has gone up three fold - to 30 billion dollars a year making China Africa's third largest rading partner - ahead of Britain.
Oil is the major interest - A quarter of Angola's oil goes to China.
And their stake's growing in Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria, and Gabon
Posted by Amel, Wednesday, 17 January 2007 3:17:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SPENDO...*ouch*.... were you giving me a mild verbal 'slap with a stinky trout' ?

Mate.. the point I mentioned about Serbs and Croats was current..

-it happened on the day. I didn't pluck it out of years back to support an argument.
-It has a history, and is widely known in the community.
-Same with other groups.

To mention OUTRIGHT racist violence among miniorities does not in the slightest manner reduce the validity and reality of it.

The topic is 'racism' and I point to the most blatant examples if it in living color. Are minorities who are 'habitualy and violently racist' out of all proportion to their representative numbers immune to legitimate criticism ?

Ok.. now its my turn *SLAP* with a large trout back at ya. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Far better is to identify the causes (multiculturalism) and look for solutions (Reward the fading of ethnic identity and encourage a stronger sense of being 'Australian')

Now there you go :) thats your daily dose of BOAZ wisdom. (batteries sold separately)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 17 January 2007 5:24:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amel

Where are you from? How long have you been here? I have been here over twenty years and I dont find Aussies that way at all. Are you sure your not just using a word for attention. What I have seen are ay happy people that Australia took them in. I guess if I were born here I would be concerned about too many arriving and wanting to keep it pro Aussie. There is nothing wrong with that.
Another thing Pauline is not racist. She simply [pointed out a few homes thruths. In Australia you are allowed to do that. Africans do spread aids but everybodys on their high horse again.
It seems to me that Aussies cant open their mouths to express any concerns at all without people like you calling them unfair names.
Antje Struthmann- loving! Aussies
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 17 January 2007 6:00:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually I'm here to voice my Opinion and learn a few things,if you don't feel Pauline Hanson is racist or believe in racism then you can always be quiet and/or go to another theard.
Posted by Amel, Wednesday, 17 January 2007 7:02:11 AM
I never experienced racism when I was young, I am from Spain and quite fair but my husband is from Lebanon and my children look lebanese and I truly got the shock of my life. At first I didn't believe my husband that there was so much resentment and even hostility towards his colour and type as he is a very nice Australian guy. It has been an eye-opener, it even goes so far as people not accepting that he is Australian when he tells them he is an Aussie. They always insist on knowing the truth!

This problem is however not something that is limited to Australia - it is a well known fact and it is shown through History that different cultures do not always accept each other or get on and even actively harm each other. Why we keep turning a blind eye to to the truth is beyond me.

However my husband fully understands why this is happening as too many people from his background and colour cause too many problems and he doesn't blame fellow Australians for being worried, being irritable and/or even getting mad and even though he pays the price for it, he understands.

Neither my husband nor I think that Pauline Hanson is racist. She just says it as it is. Yes there are issues happening in Australia, as there are in every other country pretending they are not happening doesn't make them go away.

One of the biggest problems in Australia is the fact that Aussies like to put sh...t on people. They say it is for fun and it is only a joke but the problem is that the people that they are aiming it at have often had enough and have had difficult lives and they don't think that it is funny and they see it as a total lack of respect. If we could deal with that first, then I think it would help.
Posted by Jolanda, Wednesday, 17 January 2007 7:28:51 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What an interesting array of comments, most of which are tending to try to define racism or take a personal experience/context line on it. I think it's unfortunate we don't look to history more often for the answers. Causes and effects: this is where some real answers can be found. Would you say the Nazi regime in Germany was racist or culturalist? Are the Jews a religious/cultural group or a race? The Mad Mufti's comments reminded me of the Nazis so, theoretically, if we could just weed out all the true Aryan Anglo Saxons and send them back to Mother England of Empire, which was responsible for the first waves of immigration, then all Australia's problems would be solved. Anyone who hasn't researched their family tree to disprove such heritage could be exterminated. Why not just create a final solution for a problem that in essence is perhaps far too complex now to ever be solved? Or are we too blind to see that Australia in its own way is just another version of the promised land?
Posted by Honest Johnny, Wednesday, 17 January 2007 10:02:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy