The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Homosexuality and public life

Homosexuality and public life

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. All
You're right, but he's consistent between the articles. If this is the first time in this thread when there has been a link to the actual article you all ought to ask yourselves why. It's easy to get worked up into a lather about what he's imagined to have said, but I'd be interested to see some forensic dissection of this article.

First thing I'd point out is that it is in the context of a rumour that someone was going to take money to come out. In which case I can understand why players might want to discuss it.
Posted by GrahamY, Thursday, 3 June 2010 11:46:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is there to dissect?

The story was based on scuttlebutt and no decent, self-respecting editor would have touched it with a barge pole.

It was the sort of salacious, speculative gossip that tabloids run daily for a bogan audience for whom brainless arguments about faux controversies fill the void between rolling out of the sack with a hangover and collapsing paralytic on the couch at night with the Box still flickering. Big Brother is sadly missed by some.

Aker is just one of many human headlines that the tabloid media develops and cossets for cheap sensationalist chaff. Unpack chaff and it is still the same.
Posted by Cornflower, Thursday, 3 June 2010 1:02:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More tragic coming out storys:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1063620/incest-charge-fear-driving-family-lovers-underground
"Ninemsn found one forum dedicated to the condition Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) where a 16-year-old NSW teen revealed she and her cousin were having sex just one week after meeting.
The pair hadn't seen one another for five years but instantly hit it off, she said. They eventually moved apart again but not before contemplating coming out to their families and having children."
"Ms Howse said GSA-affected couples and singles didn't even risk asking a therapist for help because doing so meant exposing themselves.
"They live in quite considerable amount of fear that something will sneak out somewhere and ruin their lives or wind up with an incest charge," she said."
Homosexual coming out >
Incestuous coming out >
etc, etc, etc
And why not?
"It's their human right."
"It's perfectly normal."
Posted by Proxy, Thursday, 3 June 2010 9:13:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Proxy,

Could you please explain why you cited the
link that you did on incestual relationships for us
on this thread, and what it has to do with
the topic of the thread?

What's the connection?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 June 2010 9:37:37 PM
Foxy,
There are 8 "coming out" references in this thread (excluding my 4 above, which you apparently take exception to).
Isn't that what this thread is about?
My previous post was about people of different sexual orientation "coming out".
Isn't that what this thread is about?
My post was about the difficulties and prejudice that these people risk by "coming out".
What is your point?
Do you have a problem with people of different sexual orietation to those you personally find acceptable, "coming out"?
Are you really that narrow-minded that you would deny the validity of the declared love between two people, just because you have problems with their sexual orientation?
It's time for you to see beyond your own ignorance and bigotry
and accept that these people have the same right to happiness and love
as anybody else of any other sexual orientation.
I'm really surprised at your lack of inclusiveness and your intolerance of the other.
Posted by Proxy, Thursday, 3 June 2010 10:09:44 PM
Dear Proxy,

First of all in one of your earlier posts
you mentioned incestuousness and bestiality
in regards to homosexuality and then you
asked "Why would you be proud?" I tried to
answer that question. Now you refer to
incestuous relationships again, and even provide a
link that deals with them. It appears that
there's a pattern developing in your posting.
I was merely questioning what the connection
was as you saw it with homosexuality,
because from your posts
one could possibly jump to the wrong conclusion.

What you need to keep in mind is that you need to
keep your posts within the general topic area of
the Forum - which is actually homosexuality.
Not incest, or beastiality. My tolerance is not
in question here. And again posting inflammatory
extraneous off topic messages is considered as
baiting users into responding. You have to stop
doing that.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 June 2010 10:36:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. All