The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > My confusion over Australian soccer leagues

My confusion over Australian soccer leagues

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Excuse my ignorance. I am English and am moving to Perth, Australia with my Australian wife. Coming from England I am a big soccer fan. I am interested in not only gaining knowledge on the Aussie game but also interested in playing it. However I am confused with the leagues. In England it is fairly straight forward with the Premiership, 1st, 2nd, down to the vauxhall conference and lower. When trying to investigate the Aussie league I note that there are different type e.g. Semi Pro, Masters, Social and then each of those type have different leagues? Does anyone have a comprehensive list of leagues or can someone explain it to me assuming I know nothing which I don't. Also if I am a fairly good player what sort of leagues would I be looking to enter?

Thanks so much.
Posted by Bretty1980, Saturday, 13 January 2007 9:41:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its pretty much as simple as this.

Join your local club or you can travel to a better running club and there is representive system that allows the cream to rise to the top. eg; local rep - regional rep - state rep - national rep.

if you make to that level you would have been picked up by a talent scout by then for an opportunity to try out for the national competition

in australia, soccer is only popular enough to support one national competition which has no divisions just top level.

good luck with it
Posted by RUTAGER, Saturday, 13 January 2007 1:00:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy