The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Islamist Threat to Malaysia

Islamist Threat to Malaysia

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Malaysia, a country which, to the outsider and visitor, has hitherto seemed to be one of peace and tolerance between Muslims and non-Muslims, (even if this is just because Muslims make up the majority) could become less tolerant and just another country where the real differences, denied by many, between Muslim and non-Muslim will become apparent.

According to Greg Sheridan (“The Australian 27/12/06) a Malaysian lawyer has received death threats at a time when analysts believe that there is an “Arabisation” of Islam in Malaysia.

The lawyer threatened with death is acting on behalf of a woman who wishes to convert from Islam to Christianity. Apparently anyone wishing to do this has to “deregister” as a Muslim, and then-re register as a Christian.

And, even though the woman has applied under Article 11 of the constitution guaranteeing freedom of religion in Malaysia, authorities have refused to grant her wishes.

“Apostasy”, it seems, is still not on with Malaysian Muslims.

Recent surveys have shown that Malaysian Muslims (the country’s majority) think of themselves as Muslims rather than Malaysians.

It seems that beautiful and intriguing Malaysia, popular holiday destination of many Australians, could fall victim to the bigotry and savagery of an increasingly nasty brand of Islam.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 11 January 2007 9:31:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For the sake of my family, and the many relatives over there, I sure hope and pray not.

Just one anecdotal experience may suffice to shed light on the level of extremism at work there (at times).

Some years ago, I was in a bus travelling from KL to Singapore and we came to a place called BATU PAHAT. Next thing I know, soldiers with machine guns stopped the bus, and with very serious looks on their faces came in and checked everyone's ID.
I found out later, that some 6 or so men dressed in Islamic 'white' had attacked the local police station and started slicing and dicing the Police with swords. They were part of a group which had retreated to the jungles for 'specially pure Islamic instruction' from some outsider influence.

There are a couple of states which are very radical and strict. Kelantan being one. Separate male and females checkouts at supermarkets etc.

But Malaysia is quite robust, I do have affectionate faith in the Government, and Mr Badawi is really a great man for the job. You would have to have lived there over a period of time to fully understand how such a nice man getting to the top encourages me.

They do deal rather ruthlessly with extremism if it threatens the state, but.. do pray for and with the Christians because they/we would be the number 1 target for extremists. Malaysia is too vulnerable to racial explosion for the Government to allow Muslim extremism to become too effective. The chinese would more than likely start another 'emergency' as they did during the communist insurgency in the 50s.

The powerful Malays are rich and greedy, and need the Chinese to fulfill there plans. The Chinese are smart and educated, they all get along well in bed together :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 12 January 2007 8:45:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
lovely people the Malays, while stationed at Butterworth got to know many worthwhile people however many stories of morals police left a sour taste. The good Dr Mahathir would likely have more than a hand in such practices of NAZI registration of religious peoples.
Would that be correct David?

With the emerging socio-economic buoancy of Malaysia could extremism be left to blossom with so much at stake?
A lot of oil and gas concerns in the S E Asian area are probably run from Malaysia, trouble there would likely drive them to Singapore
Posted by SCOTTY, Friday, 12 January 2007 9:38:06 AM
Hi Scotty
yep..I tend to agree there.
Butterworth ? I also have memories of that place.. there was the 'administration fee' paid to the Customs blokes when you brought your haul of HUGE Seiko watches back from Penang :) etc.... it was something like $2.00 ringgit or something.

I had an incredible makeover there.. in the Mandarin HOtel... had 'the works' Haircut, Shampoo, Scalp massage, facial pick out the rough bits thing.. cost me the grand total of 60c and I always remember it because the chinese bloke in a nearby chair was sounding like he was totally turning ON.. groan..groan.. crikey it was just a scalp massage :)

This is going back of course to my 20s.

I'll post this in another thread.. or many.. but truly..have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm8XY01Er_E
Lebanese bullies in Williamstown picking on smaller Aussies just enjoying their own company and a drink.

and you might understand why I created this web site today.

http://www.10-teams.wikispaces.com

if you can... hook up to it and give a message of support in the discussion section.. it all adds up.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 12 January 2007 1:42:00 PM
David and all here I have just had a look at the URL that David posted and Im shocked have a look at what these little pricks are saying about skips or Aussies. I wish I could have watched the video but I have primitive dial-up but you can get the gist of what it is by the commentary.
Lebanesenewport is a little darling, I wont go into the language but if thats what the social engineers and leftist scum are importing here weve got a problem Houston.
HAVE A LOOK AT IT RAINIER,CJ,ADAM this your legacy to Australia,"takin over one suburb at a time".
These Lebs are going around videoing bashings of Aussies, thats what they are like, apparently were a bunch of drunks and little junkies, get this filth out of here and those responsible for bringing them here.
Islam is not just a threat to Malaysia the people of this vile religion or huge cult whatever are a danger to everyone including Rainier and CO. Mate I hope one of these little pricks gets you one night I really do, while there bashing you, you can tell them how much you think thier hard done by and how much rights they have to be here.
Stick your human rights fair up your clacker these urban jihadists should be rounded up in internment camps and sent back to whatever Islamic Hell Hole they originate from because one thing they are not and that is Australian, they might be here but they are not Australians..
Posted by SCOTTY, Friday, 12 January 2007 8:25:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy