The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Home straight for jessica

Home straight for jessica

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
This morning Jessica posted a comment on her blog that she had rounded the bottom of Tassie and was heading NORTH.

This is such a relief and she now can expect better conditions as she gets further up and passes the Bass Strait.

Jessica enjoys support from all over the world in her quest. One blogger, that keeps stats, recently said he had recorded people commenting from 81 different countries. Her blogs receive 6-700 posts within 24 hours of her comments going up.

All can say is WELL DONE young lady. You have guts, skill and tenacity. You certainly deserve all the accolades that will come your way and I look forward to a tremdous welcome into Sydney Harbour.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 3 May 2010 9:42:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My apologies everyone. I was so anxious to tell all the good news I neglected to say what I was on about, and missed a couple of typos as well.

I was referring to Jessica Watson(16) who is sailing solo,non-stop and unassisted, around the world. The South East Cape of Tasmania is the last major cape for her to pass before heading north to Sydney.

The past week, or so, has been a nail biting time for those that have followed Jessica's voyage, as she has endured some extremely rough weather and seas. I am not a sailor, but her boat has been through a lot and I think that the prospect of a mechanical failure of some part is much higher now than before, so the rough conditions was a tough test.

Let us hope this last northern leg is much easier.

A great achievement for a young girl, I am in awe.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 3 May 2010 11:19:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TTM says, you go woman! show up them boys and make them men. like there not men already. Humans have the earth, and by some miracle we make it through the next 100 years, I think the world as one will become a reality.

Antiwoman will not be happy. lol. ( one punt intended ). Now! A song for you all.

DEVO and whip it.

Have a listen and good-luck-thinking to you all.

TTM
Posted by think than move, Monday, 3 May 2010 3:23:54 PM
I along with family followed Jessica's posts every two days; Jessica and her team are INSPIRATIONAL to every person around the world of all ages; [an understatement]!

Her parents I admire and congratulate for allowing and encouraging their young daughter to pursue and live her dreams. I would have been far too selfish in allowing my daughter to sail around the world on her own, if her passion. I would have discouraged her until mid twenties; however, being younger must be the way to go, as fear and consequences of actions may not be as strong until older and wiser or perhaps Jessica just possesses 'an old soul'!!
Posted by we are unique, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 12:33:47 AM
I've been quietly following her blog and youtube channel as well. Regardless of your opinion on the whole venture, she's done an AMAZING thing.

The things I'm terrified of don't even register on the same radar as sailing solo around the world and she knocked it over at 16. Incredible.
Posted by StG, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 8:46:04 AM
I find it amazing as well Banjo even though I must admit I haven't been following the voyage too closely. So young, yet so self assured and mature to be able to take on this risky adventure. Her mum and dad must be exhaling a sigh of relief as she gets closer to home.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 10:22:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy