The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > THE WORDS THE WORLD NEEDED TO HEAR!

THE WORDS THE WORLD NEEDED TO HEAR!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Hi Philo,

Some of these hoax emails are well designed to get past us. I check everything these days because some of them are very, very clever.

I never want to send something on that is incorrect.

I am interested though... Did you email your friend informing them that it was a hoax and ask them to inform all their friends that they emailed that it was one?

It seems to me that when these things happen we have an obligation to at least attempt to undo the damage that is caused by this sort of email.

For instance... How would we feel if we were Buddhists and we received this email?

How would you feel if a similar email was sent out using the term Christian terrorists?

I remember receiving one from my cousin, a devout Christian, quoting the Qur'an, which was an outrageous misquotation.

I went into some detail quoting chapter and verse (the one quoted was 9:11 so you can see the significance to an American) and requested that he undo the effect that his widely broadcast email could have.

Afterall it was effectively "bearing false witness" by alleging something that was totally wrong by misquoting someone's religious book.

I hope he re-emailed everyone with the correction but one never knows if he did or not. I think a Christian would have this obligation the same as we all have.

It also caused me to ask the question... What motive (other than a mischievous motive)could the writer of the original email have intended. To a Muslim the email would have been offensive and how many would have automatically but wrongly would have thought that it was sent by a Christian or a Jew?

It is quite a scary thought really.

With the speed of the internet... these things have a lot of ability to cause great harm and hurt.

But back to the topic at hand - Why do others think the Western media have paid such little attention to this fantastic "FATWA against Terrorism" issued by Muhammad Tahir ul-Qadri
Posted by Opinionated2, Friday, 12 March 2010 2:38:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In a further article on CNN Muhammad Tahir ul-Qadri proves that he is a man of peace and states that he is not scared of any human.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/03/11/britain.fatwa.terrorism/index.html?iref=allsearch

Again worth the read.
Posted by Opinionated2, Friday, 12 March 2010 10:26:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philo,

I noticed you didn't find it in your heart to answer some of the questions I posed.

Have you fallen short of "THE GOLDEN RULE"

Luke 6:12

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

I asked some simple questions and you failed to answer me... I would answer you if you asked me a question.

It is amazing how many people who do not call themselves Christian actually show more of the attributes Jesus requested - and yet Christians criticise them.

Jesus seems to be right again "the log in the eye sure is a biggun in some people - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A3-5&version=NIV

BUT another question I have been wondering... How many people actually prayed to GOD about the Buddhist extremists.

Does this mean that "As we receive JUNK emails and mail - GOD receives JUNK prayers" what does GOD think of "hoax emails creating junk prayers?"

I would love your insight into these questions.
Posted by Opinionated2, Thursday, 25 March 2010 11:58:53 AM
Opinionated2,
I have a busy life outside OLO.
I may not conform to your expectations.
1. An email has been sent to the sender of the email, It was not passed on by me and the OLO post was corrected.
2. How many people prayed for the persecuted Christian leaders is unknown, as throughout the world hundreds of inoffensive local Christian nationals are murdered each week that rate no mention in our medaia many such as in central and north Africa and the Asian region.

Check with Amnistry International, and Open Doors on their contacts on persons murdered for religious faith.
Posted by Philo, Saturday, 27 March 2010 11:45:53 AM
Thanks Philo,

But you sort of diverted the answer to suit yourself. Are you a politician? lol

Your reply 2. doesn't answer it at all.

What does God do if his days are cluttered by "JUNK prayers" that your posting of the hoax email may have created? Did you apologise to him/her/it?

Whilst I give you credit for the retraction, was it enough? I wonder, if as a Christian, an apology to Buddhists your posting may have offended, would have been more in order?

Surely, you can't be too busy to apologise? And what would you expect of someone who had posted a similar thing using the term Christian terrorists? You would be deserving of an apology as are the Buddhists.

Does your Christianity extend to apologising?

Now this term intrigues me "inoffensive local Christian nationals". How do you know they aren't offending other locals?

Is it "inoffensive" for people to go into other countries proselytising and trying to convert other locals from their traditional religious beliefs? Give me your address and I'll send some other proselytising religions to visit you and see if you get offended...lol

Is it "inoffensive" for Christian organisation to use food for the poor to convert people to Christianity? Isn't this a form of bribery? Is this giving with a hidden agenda?

Do you like Muslims trying to change our culture? Well perhaps Muslims, Hindu's etc. don't like people trying to change theirs in their country?

So Philo are you Christian enough and man enough to apologise to the Buddhists you may have offended with your failure to check the detail of what you posted?

Now I know many people are killed because of their religious beliefs in many countries, not just your "inoffensive local Christian nationals"...

Let me repeat "ALL KILLING IS WRONG". I think Jesus would agree with me on that... don't you?

Philo... do you represent your saviour Jesus well? Some how I think you might be able to do better
Posted by Opinionated2, Monday, 29 March 2010 12:47:30 PM
Now Philo and others,

Here are two real articles on the same subject about alleged Christians no less

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/29/michigan.arrests/index.html?hpt=T2

and this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1261840/FBI-launches-raids-Christian-militia-group-preparing-battle-Anti-Christ.html

Now of course I would never think that you guys would approve of such things, but, how many organisations, calling themselves Christian, are participating in this type of activity, or similar activity?

Maybe if Christians went back to the Greek word for apocalypse - Apokálypsis which means "lifting the veil" - NOT End TIMES or END OF DAYS as is commonly preached, they might be more informed.

Sorry this site doesn't allow me to show you the exact Greek words as some of the Greek characters don't print.

Maybe if Christians realised that about 400 years ago there was a study called "apokalupsis eschaton" - "lifting the veil on the end times" and that through poor teaching the "eschaton" was dropped and Apocolypse was then continually misinterpreted as end times or end of days.

"Eschatology" comes from two Greek words last, and discourse or study

"The study of the end times" be it an era, an age, a life etc.

Of course we don't know if Revelations was translated from a Hebrew document into the Greek, and so this probably complicates these terms even further, because, we can't even get the Greek to English translations right.

Do Christians really know their Bibles?

If they can't get the first line of Revelations right...what hope for the rest of the book?

Here's a link that might help http://www.blueletterbible.org/

It actually allows you to see the Greek and the various English translations. No wonder People have no idea what the Bible actually means.

Is teaching "wrong translations" Christian?

Did Jesus stand for truth or falsehood?

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth..."http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+14%3A6&version=NIV

If people don't really know their Bibles should they be teaching others?

What would Jesus say?
Posted by Opinionated2, Tuesday, 30 March 2010 11:54:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy