The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > skilled Migration

skilled Migration

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Foxy,

Good post.
Posted by Cornflower, Friday, 12 February 2010 8:52:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I suggest we bring back the White Australia Policy.
Posted by beaumonde, Saturday, 13 February 2010 3:40:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy

Australia has no binding obligation to accept any quota of refugees. It has a voluntary quota of 13000 that it brings in from war areas, but its only obligation under the UN charter on refugees is to give temporary rights of residence to those fleeing from persecution that land on their soil.

It is perfectly legal to return them once the situation from which they are fleeing is resolved, and economic refugees fleeing from poverty have no rights of refuge.

Australia has no obligation to accept any status of "refugee" allocated by the UN, and when the refugee cannot prove origin (ie when he has destroyed his papers but has $15000 for the boat) then the government can detain the illegal immigrant indefinitely, if they deem him to be an economic refugee.
Posted by Democritus, Saturday, 13 February 2010 5:46:17 PM
Without the benefit of a detailed examination, I tend to lean towards canning migration altogether, except when it turns on existing citizen rights AND a few legitimate "Asylum Seekers"

AND

thereafter invest in skilling up our own indigenous workforce in a strive towards full employment.

I suspect the likes of shadow are involved with buying marginal businesses, enhancing them and then selling them off to often corrupt international individuals in turn for Australian Residency,

(though I do not suggest to know that they are aware of this)

at which point they entrench themselves, and set up buying 3rd world product for a 3rd world price and selling it at a 1st world price to Ozzies too dumb to know any better.

Our stores are so full of cheap, over priced crap from red china and other places.

An example in my house at the moment is my aromatherapy burner. I can use one cotton wool ball which will last more than a week, burning all day long, every day. I'd be lucky to get an hour out of a standard red chinese special tea light candle - and that's the way they design them to be.
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 13 February 2010 7:36:18 PM
I suggest we bring back the White Australia Policy.
beaumonde,
Perhaps a western policy might be a more apt term in this day & age. There are many non-whites who are very western & it's those who should get priority for the simple reason that, although less functional by now, westerners are still the most sensible so far as mentality goes. That is also the reason so many flock to these shores as non-western societies simply do not accept foreigners & even less allow foreigners to settle in their lands. The only problem is to come up with a concise filtering system for stayers. If you want to live a non-western life style then you get filtered out. Anything more simple than that (apart from a leftie of course) ? Why on earth do we allow people to infiltrate when they openly declare their objection to our life style ? This (still) great nation did not get built by praying, singing & dancing. It got built by manual work & people putting money away for later & not for others to show up just in time for dinner & then leave the dishes for others.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 14 February 2010 8:18:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy