The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No more Outlook Express!

No more Outlook Express!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. All
Like others have said - other - safer - opportunities are out there.

Being a Mac user I do not have to suffer the Windoze nonsense. I would say Thunderbird is the best option and the demise of Outlook E is not the end of the world, in fact it's a step in the right direction.
Posted by renew, Monday, 1 February 2010 9:27:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby,
For what it's worth.
I use windows7 but have been on the dark side for quite some time.
I.e. I use Firefox and Thunderbird , couldn't be happier absolutely no problems.
Both are better IMO than MICROSOFT OFFERINGS! more stable and more apps
Posted by examinator, Monday, 1 February 2010 11:48:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rstuart has a few sour grapes over the revelations of he climategate/GW scam.That is that is the main reason for venting his spleen upon myself.

Take it like a man rstuart.Admit that you are wrong and all will be forgiven.

PS.Monkton is right about the plot for Global Governance and it is still on the agenda.The next step via the Bank of International Settlements,IMF and World Bank will be a Global Currency owned by a cartel of private banks in which they create money from nothing, diluting via inflation everybody's earning capacity and stored wealth.

How many people lost super and savings during the GFC? The money did not evaporate,it just moved to fewer hands.

The same scenario happened during the Great Depression.It was deep and prolonged because the printing presses created money for the bubble economy for Wall St, while real production withered.

The US has real unemployment appraoching 20%.You cannot have a recovery based on decreasing production,while the banks make fake profits based on expectation.Eventually the derivatives unwind and stark reality strikes a mortal blow.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 3 February 2010 7:31:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay, you seemingly can't help yourself with your conspiracy
fetish! You are trying to turn a thread about email programmes
into yet another dreamtime of yours.

If things are as bad as you claim, what on earth are you doing,
with banknotes to your name? You could join UOG and sleep
on silver bars, or gald bars or whatever asset you are comfortable
with. We all have choices including you.

If those "evil" bankers are making so much money, why don't you
buy shares in their companies? They are after all, freely tradeable.

Arjay, its time that you dealt with your fetish, you are becoming
as bad as runner.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 3 February 2010 10:15:49 PM
Yabby, be kind to Arjay.

>>Arjay, you seemingly can't help yourself with your conspiracy
fetish! You are trying to turn a thread about email programmes
into yet another dreamtime of yours.<<

Remember the old saying "To a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 4 February 2010 7:49:58 AM
>>It always amazes me that people complain interminably about Microsoft's hegemony and consequent pricing practices (how many times have Windows users paid for the same basic product?) without bothering to research alternatives.<<

Actually, Pericles, people complain precisely because they *haven't* got an alternative. Saying they should just get off their bums and fix it doesn't work for everyone - it assumes everyone's got the same ability and opportunity as you. Not everyone's in that boat. Anyway, what's the problem with giving MS a bit of stick? From what I've seen, they make their billions out of not robustly writing code but cultivating the hope in its users that the next bigger and better version will solve the bugs; they're just keeping a captive market on a slow drip in other words. All the while they are ruthlessly exploiting and/or killing off their commercial rivals who would provide a bigger array of IT solutions to the wider public. It's a form of hegemony and it's great to see the freeware movement out there fighting back and expeditiously flowing around the big boulder in the middle of the stream.
Posted by RobP, Thursday, 4 February 2010 9:02:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15