The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Forgotten Generation

The Forgotten Generation

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Many billions of dollars have been spent to create a leisure society by default.
There have been attempts by Government to pork barrel and evade the issue with band-aid handouts

Maybe I am cynical but a million bucks is chickenfeed and represents employing 10 people for 1 year, if you are lucky (wages, work environment tools) and if you are going to get useful work done. Throwing machinery at the problem provides a reusable resource for the next project and reduces the need for people which allows for the support of more people to "do nothing" or an accumulation of wealth for an individual and less for the community. These "do nothing" people drop from the workforce and although of working age, are redundant until they learn new skills. As we now "support" them why should they try. And our Seniors, Are they so useless to us that we should bury them? - or do we use them to educate our kids in "life management" at least they have the experience.
Posted by Mawsouth, Friday, 8 January 2010 12:36:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, as a small bussiness operator myself, you have no idea how frustrating it is when we have to jump through hoops to employ people, yet, we get fat rewards if we simply buy another 'mainly imported' machine.

In most cases machines add to the nation deficate, as they are an import and, they cut wages so we have a 'double whammy' effect all round and our government, both sides, think they are clever.

We are on a down hill spiral and as so many now depend on hand outs there is simply no stopping the slide.

You watch, our super, trillion of dollars worth, will be targetd very soon as there will simply be nothing left to sell or raise taxes against.

My tip is that we will be heavily taxed if we dare withdraw any more than what is required to survive, all in the hope that we die before we spend it so there will be something for the furure generations.

I think we have to revisit the old 'keep your money under your mattress' trick again!
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 9 January 2010 5:38:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy