The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Indian Media Hyperbole over racism in Australia

Indian Media Hyperbole over racism in Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
"The Indian students have claimed the attacks are multi-racial, I am not sure they have really left a race out..aside their own."

Actually I lie, even their own. The murder in NSW looks likely to be their own and the arson attack blamed on Indian attack was an insurance scam. So they are even racist against themselves. Over the top..just a tad lol.
Posted by TheMissus, Saturday, 9 January 2010 2:51:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Missus,
I have never seen in any media the disclosure of the ethnicity of the Indian attackers. Some time after, one paper said the attackers in sydney were Lebs and in Melbourne it seems common knowledge that the attackers were African, but no media confirmation that I have seen.

The Vic police, in particular, seem very reluctant to release the ethnicity of suspect criminals. This could come from the top as politicians do not like to admit to problems with some cultures, either immigrants or refugees, and/or their children.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 9 January 2010 4:42:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo

It was quite well known it was the same old Lebanese gangs in Sydney.

In melbourne mixed race. Some areas were Somalian, Some Middle Eastern and some mixed race gang with Southern Europeans and I also heard that skin head also re-appeared and attacked students.

The arrests in melbourne were Somalian.

Wikipedia also suggest Aboriginal attacks on Indians.

Ok Somalian and Aboriginal and we have KKK cartoon? That really shows they have not done any investigating. Police favour a black over a Indian so that makes them KKK? Shows how pathetic media research is but then we had our own Andrew Bartlett frothing at the mouth at how racist Australia is in the Asian press. Australia is not a race but a nationality, but as long as racist eyes only consider whites as being worthy to be called Australian we will have this nonsense.

I think Australian powers that be just want it to be Aussie attacks Aussie. That is an ideal but the world still has racist lens on their glasses so they should acknowledge until such times the globe gets with that program. Perhaps we are actually ahead of the world in that regard being that nationality is our definition rather than race. Nice sentiment but not working yet.
Posted by TheMissus, Saturday, 9 January 2010 5:03:18 PM
Austin Powerless, let me make it clear, my opinion as stated is my true view of you.
You however have got some things about me right.
My education was dreadful, the eldest of 16 kids, 8 lived to grow up, I had very little education.
Grammar? have not got a clue.
By 12 years and 10 months of age I formally left school to work full time.
I had been very much a poor student, hunger sent me fruit or pea picking, pig feeding anything to earn a feed for my family.
Many more than you would understand from big bush family's did the same as me, sisters stayed home to help mums sons went early to work.
manners, IQ common sense as you show so well, are not related to education.
While I live I grow, my education gets better every day, I pass most exams clearly but still hunger for knowledge.
Yes Sydney was Muslims Melbourne sometime was others but multi cultism suffers if two migrant groups fight each other,
India? some humble pie coming for one minister and some media, clearly some Indians are behind some events.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 10 January 2010 5:51:21 AM
Some facts. Have any Indian students actually been killed? I cannot find any evidence yet to read the media in India it sounds like they are getting killed on a regular basis. I even saw one remark - when will they stop this serial killing of Indian students?. The young man who sadly lost his life was a on a permanent residence visa, no longer on a student visa. Does the Indian Government actually have a right to interfere when the person has chose to immigrate, especially whens facts are not known?

Also I have read there is a far more serious issue in the United States. They have a smaller Indian student population, apparently from much wealthier and higher income families, but the death toll appears to be toward 20 deaths in two years.

So Indian government makes such outrageous claims as "crime against humanity", makes it about students when the young man was no longer one and was free to return home if he so wished, and does not makee the same scenes toward the US.

I think we are being played for fools by the Indian Government. This is geopolitcal and the government do not care on iota about the Indian students. Just using them.
Posted by TheMissus, Sunday, 10 January 2010 12:43:36 PM
The Indian Government is behaving like a bunch of hypocrites by accusing us of racism.Well, even if they may be partly correct let the Indian Government take a closer look in the mirror and they'll see the true face of racism.
Do my readers have any idea what is going on in this country where the government is posing like some morally superior entity?
In the north-east since 1947 they have been guilty of dreadful racist atrocities in NEFA where the Nagas are fighting for their independence from New Delhi. The Gurkhas have had enough of their racism and want a state of their own.
And now lets go over to the northwestern corner to a place called Kashmir. The Muslims have experienced the oppressive racist administration of the indian government. Muslims in India are discriminated against in Kashmir where they constitute over 90% of the population but are denied self-determination. This has been going on since 1947 when men of the ilk of Gandhi and Nehru begged and cajoled the Muslim leader Jinnah to accept the british offer of independence on the basis of one man one vote self-determination. They swore to keep their word after independence,but did they? This is 2010 and Kashmir is still in Indian hands.
The Indians can least afford to call anyone racists.
Has anyone heard of the caste system? OK, it may not be racism but the discriminatory persecutions are dreadful and degrading. The Indians cannot afford to try and take the moral high ground on moral issues. And all over the treatment to a few Indian students .We deplore what has happened to them but the finger pointing that's gone on is blatant hypocrisy.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Monday, 11 January 2010 10:13:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy