The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > "All the religions..."

"All the religions..."

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Today, almost 1,000 men and women travelled from around Australia to hear Kevin Rudd and Opposition Leader Malcolm Turnbull apologise for the abuse, neglect and suffering they endured in foster care and orphanages between the 1920s and 1970s.

“All the religions*; their not here,” were words of an elderly victim of abuse interviewed onsite by television reporter.

Across threads, several OLO posters have stated Christianity has changed. The Church of old is not the Church of today. Yet, when the Government provides the chance to show regret, penance and humility, Christian leaders are no where to be seen.

Surely the cardinals and bishops could leave the palaces and silver service for one day to say “sorry,” for the sexual abuse by priests and ministers and, the beatings from nuns.

*She meant denominations, I suspect.
Posted by Oliver, Monday, 16 November 2009 4:49:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So they could admit liability?
Posted by StG, Monday, 16 November 2009 6:12:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So they could admit humility.
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 16 November 2009 7:18:04 PM
Apologize for what?.
Anything done in the name of God is OK.
The representatives of God are infallible.Just ask them.
Or is that just the POPE.
Posted by undidly, Monday, 16 November 2009 7:58:44 PM
Oliver, I agree. If the government agrees that the government of the day was wrong in allowing the child migrants to suffer all forms of abuse, then they must also agree that the many religious groups that ran these homes were also to blame?

I would go one further and also suggest that the British Government also say they are sorry for sending their own children to an unknown fate half way round the world. All involved should be made accountable.
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 16 November 2009 10:06:56 PM
No not liability guilt, betrayal of their Reason to exist their GOD.
Too black and white STG, too forgetting and forgiving of those crimes, of the very evilness of them.
And hopeless as it seems they never said sorry, never said never again.
I pray, yes me, that we evolve, find reason to take responsibility for our actions, live by standards, without false Gods, any Gods
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 5:45:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy