The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > asylum seekers

asylum seekers

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I do believe that, that is just what the Government is trying to do now. The spokesman for the leaky boat is a proven criminal Gang leader from Canada. At least one male on the ship is a wanted criminal in Sri Lanka.
I take it you're a bleeding heart & would take them all in carte blanche. I take it that you will be volunteering to look after at least one of these families in your own home. I bet not, that's someones elses problem.
Now I would like you to put forward here a possible solution to the whole refugee problen for Australia. Who knows you may just have THE soultion. ;-)
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 10 November 2009 3:48:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Jayb, they (the Australian Govt) is trying, as you say - but it is going to take time. I am surprised you don't understand that.

I agree, any "proven criminal gang leader" should be sent back to face the justice system, in the country they comitted the crime.

I also agree that "one male on the ship (wanted as a criminal in Sri Lanka) should be sent back to face the Sri Lankan justice system.

However, what about the other 76? I (and most certainly not you) haven't got a clue ... yet.

But you are so cock-a-hoop sure they are ALL economic refugees. Maybe they are, maybe they're not. We don't know yet ... get it?

No Jayb, I am not a "bleeding heart", despite your insinuations. I do however like to see the facts before I make value judgements. You have demonstrated you prefer to shoot first, ask questions later.

You won your bet with yourself, I won't be looking after "one of those families" - I'll be looking after my step-daughter's family, she of which is having open heart surgery tomorrow.

I don't have the "solution to the whole refugee problen for Australia", Jayb ... there are far more eminent and capable people than I.

However, I am sure they are working on it. I am so thankful that you are NOT one of them ... you appear to get your knickers in a knot at the mere thought of someone that doesn't act or look like you, very sad really.
Posted by Q&A, Tuesday, 10 November 2009 6:21:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You have demonstrated you prefer to shoot first, ask questions later.

Only after I have ,"blown the whistle, waved the flag, shouted stop & fired a warning shot. As is required. It's better than taking a car engine through the forehead. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

What about the other 76?

That's who the Government is investigating, DUH!.

I am surprised you don't understand that.

?I though it was obvious that I did.

I don't have the "solution to the whole refugee problen for Australia", Jayb ... there are far more eminent and capable people than I.

Cop out. I said I would, we all would, like to hear YOUR, "possible solution" As usual, another, "all mouth & no ideas."

I won't be looking after "one of those families"

Yep, "someone elses problem not mine."

you appear to get your knickers in a knot at the mere thought of someone that doesn't act or look like you.

An assumption, that is really, really wrong. Politically incorrect & totally unacceptable. The usual arguement by the Politically Correct bleeding hearts. If you don't agree with THEM then you are labled racist or some other "ist".

I won't be looking after "one of those families"

Yep, "someone elses problem not mine."

Sorry to hear about your daughter. That's what parents are for, to look after our own. I have just done the same thing for my daughter. Her OP was unsuccessful unfortunately.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 10 November 2009 7:02:57 PM
You, Jayb, said:

<< These people are economic refugees not asylum seekers. They should be stopped at all costs. >>

I said we don't know yet.

Spin it all you like.

______

Anyone else care to comment?
Posted by Q&A, Tuesday, 10 November 2009 7:49:31 PM
I could rant and rave on about how i dont anymore Asylum seekers in Australia, because i have many reasons. But, i focus on just a small small part it would be government (taxpayer) funding.

I watched a TV show the other night and you might know it "The Force", well these police officers had a 70 something year old blind man walking the streets of perth because he got kicked out (fallout with friend) and they (policemen)rang and rang trying to find a place for the man to sleep, do you think they found any? not on your life. yet, Mr Rudd thinks its just fine to spend 75k a day with the oceanic viking and all the rest of the millions to house feed settle asylum seekers..................who are foreigners! I just cannot believe what i am seeing today, i mean it, it makes me feel sick to listen to the rubbish political spin re asylum seekers, meanwhile we have thousands of homeless with nowhere to go. I wish with all my heart kevin Rudd feels what that 70 year old man does one day. I dont know how kevin rudd sleeps at night.
Posted by elroy, Tuesday, 10 November 2009 8:51:51 PM
Q&A,
I have a few comments to make regarding the illegal boat people but you have enough family concerns right now, so will leave it for now.

Hope your step daughters operation goes well and that her recovery is quick. Also that you get on well with her family that you are caring for. All the best.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 10 November 2009 9:18:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy