The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How much do You think I know about YOU

How much do You think I know about YOU

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Bronwyn's little out-of-klaas remark had not gone un-noticed:

"Pretty heavy stuff really.
She could be wondering
what the hell I'm on about."

Bronwyn could relax. The 'absolute shockers of identity confidentiality security breaches here on OLO' were all as to the security of her own anonymity, not with respect to revealing the true identity of others. Except Belly. But then, again, she wasn't really to blame for blowing Belly's cover: he had done that himself, long ago. All Bronwyn had done was to seemingly see some locational identifier in one of Forrest's throw away lines in his previous post of, what was it, three days ago?, and then draw attention to that.

A bit like 'The Loaded Dog'.

Now Bronwyn was trying to blame Forrest for the throw-away line that she had read something into! It had hardly been a claim to master sleuthery, just a revelation that Forrest had once heard an old radio serial featuring a fictional detective. It didn't mean he was one.

Forrest could, of course, if asked explain 'en claire' the absurdly simple steps he could take that would probably reveal Bronwyn's true identity, working from clues she had dropped in her posting history. Forrest thought it safest, however, if she got herself a userID on the Ubuntu Forums, and in a one way PM exchange she could listen while Forrest talked and showed how easily she could be identified from her own mouthings.

Forrest even thought he might have a picture of Bronwyn, but not a mental one like one of Foxy's.

Bronwyn could stay relaxed, Forrest quickly afterthought, it is a perfectly respectable picture, if indeed it is of her. The real Bronwyn, that is, because the subject of the picture is definitely a Bronwyn from points north of Brisvegas.

Enough of all these platitudes, thought Forrest, stake and hammer in one hand, crucifix in the other. These Bronwyns were distracting him from the task at hand, the staking-out of that great vampire of the democratic process, Aec the Undead.
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Friday, 13 November 2009 5:44:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Forrest

<< Now Bronwyn was trying to blame Forrest for the throw-away line she'd read something into! It had hardly been a claim to master sleuthery, just a revelation that Forrest had once heard an old radio serial featuring a fictional detective. >>

It must be pointed out that Forrest is barking up the wrong tree here. The throwaway line Bronwyn referred to related to breaching identity security, not to detectives.

<< Forrest thought it safest, however, if she got herself a userID on the Ubuntu Forums ... >>

Forrest of course was forgetting that Bronwyn was technologically challenged and sure to fail in attempting any such feat. :)

<< ... and in a one-way PM exchange she could listen while Forrest talked and showed how easily she could be identified from her own mouthings. >>

No, with Ubuntu beyond her, Forrest decided he'd have to resort to talking in riddles on OLO. That'd be okay, he'd had plenty of practice at that. Though he'd have to make sure he didn't reveal as much to others, as an earlier reference had to her. :)

<< ... the subject of the picture is definitely a Bronwyn from points north of Brisvegas. >>

Forrest seems not to know the extent of the population of the area he's referring to and of the number of Bronwyn's likely to reside therein. Bit like a needle in a haystack really. Besides, this particular Bronwyn is photo shy and doubts very much there's any captioned photos of her in any public space for even the most diligent of sleuths to access.

Forrest just shook his head in despair, "How could she be so reckless with her identity."

He didn't understand she was secure in the knowledge that no-one apart from him would be the least bit interested. And that for her, Forrest knowing, was no big deal. She knew the workings of his mind well enough, not to mention how long he'd lived on the planet, to know instinctively that she could trust him. :)

Again, Forrest shook his head, "That girl will never learn."
Posted by Bronwyn, Saturday, 14 November 2009 12:48:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bronwyn,

I trust this is the thread to which you referred when you recently intruded upon my seeming soliloquoy on the 'Klaas Woldring' thread?

"Is this an air-drawn ballot that I see? To vote, or have somebody else vote for me, that is the question! Whether to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous electoral fortune, or, risking all, to lift the veil upon the vile undead while light still shines, and, staking through its heart with hammer driv'n, remove its thrall o'er all our lives and times. Out, out damned spot, lest with informality my vote's defiled, and all that rot" - Guillaume Chacqestaque 1215 - .

My apologies for not replying, but I thought you had just about covered everything in your previous post. Not in the least offended, but just felt if I was to respond further, stuff, speculations, would be up there for the world to see. Not that I feel any need to track anyone down, no matter how easy that might be, but whatever is posted is there for the (wing?)nutters to see, and I can't answer for them as to what they might do with that.

As an observer, if I really wanted to sort out who was who of the undoubtedly multiple Bronwyns of your part of the world, I'd just study the movements of the local yellow-tailed black cockatoo mob, and its sub-mobs. You know, watch where they water in the evenings, and all that stuff. Throw in an odd question or two in the locality, and before you know it, byngo! Bronwyn's your auntie!

Australia is a very small place, and people are easy to find if one but asks the right questions.

Now, what was it you wanted to talk about? It must be hard getting bashed about in the rough chop of the Torrid Strait, pulling boat-scuttling asylum seekers out of the opinion-infested hot water, what with the tide running so strongly against the wind.

Of course, you could read yourself into the 'Klaas Woldring thread.

Food for thought?
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 12:01:52 PM
Forrest

Thanks for the post and sorry for hassling you over it, but I was worried I'd offended you.

Black cockatoos notwithstanding, I feel fairly secure I'm still just one in a haystack of Bronwyn's. You did have me thinking there for a moment though.

<< It must be hard getting bashed about in the rough chop of the Torrid Strait, pulling boat-scuttling asylum seekers out of the opinion-infested hot water, what with the tide running so strongly against the wind. >>

LOL. Yes, that's how it is a bit.

I still think I'm better off swimming against the tide there though, than trying to wade through your electoral thread, worthy though I'm sure it is. I'll give it another look though.
Posted by Bronwyn, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 1:05:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy