The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The two most socially progressive states in the USA ban gay marriage

The two most socially progressive states in the USA ban gay marriage

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
California and Maine have both banned gay marriage. Is it time for gays to be satisfied with Civil Unions? And do you agree that gay civil unions may also be outlawed if gays keep pushing for marriage because people will tire of the discomfort caused by the constant threat to their basic idea of Nature.
Posted by TRUTHNOW78, Thursday, 5 November 2009 10:29:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
there will never be any such thing as gay marriage whether acknowledged by the law or not.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 5 November 2009 11:11:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's not fair is it? Why should only normal people have to suffer the outcomes of marriage?
Posted by Seano, Thursday, 5 November 2009 11:22:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner: "there will never be any such thing as gay marriage whether acknowledged by the law or not."

That runner, is a stroke of genius. What a wonderful solution to the gay marriage problem. I wound never of thought of it myself - but now I see written down it seems so obvious.

Yes - let them marry in law, and then tell everyone that objects to believe they aren't. The beauty of it is of course they most people who object are religious fundamentalists, and they can will themselves to believe in anything.
Posted by rstuart, Thursday, 5 November 2009 11:56:01 AM
I don't know. If I say I am a gay wife people may get the wrong idea. Maybe best if they invent new words for new realities rather than take old words and change their meaning. What could happen is that in a marriage between man and woman where the woman is main breadwinner, she could ask to be called the husband. Brothers and sisters could demand to be called sibling. Uncle is a woman? Or will a male wife still be Uncle. Too confusing when words have gender meanings. Invent new words.
Posted by TheMissus, Thursday, 5 November 2009 1:13:22 PM
The odments of this world have even hyjacked words from kids stories, how low is that.
America should be congratulated for not allowing such a sacred institution between a man and woman, to be infiltrated by odd people.
The word Marriage belongs to man and woman.
There is a big enough downturn now in marriage.
Shacking up is the in thing with people who have not got the maturity to handle marriage.
I can handle the thought of two women in the same bed,[exciting] but not two men.
Disgusting and immoral.
Posted by Desmond, Thursday, 5 November 2009 2:43:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy