The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Aborigine Affairs

Aborigine Affairs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
TheMissus
The Didge a wonderful and haunting musical instrument my son played his first notes on a cardboard tube when only 31/2 years of age and it was something that he taught himself as I had long lost a lot of my culture because of removal from my mum at an early age
I still have his drawing book that he was using at 61/2 while on access where he drew a picture of himself playing his didge and a photo of him playing it in the lounge room at the house he called home
Mainstream education well he entered grade 7 doing reading and spelling from grade 2 and maths from grade 3
The things my mum was teaching and showing me when I was a boy are priceless I only wish that I could have learnt more but that was not to be and I have searched for that loss since
So my son has missed out on both sides so much for "white" intervention
I will go now as the the hurt is building but if you or anyone want to contact direct it is graysond49@yahoo.com

Thanks for putting up with me
From Dave
Posted by dwg, Saturday, 7 November 2009 5:29:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy