The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Help required

Help required

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Labor's clearly flawed ETS
Perhaps someone can help me to understand how Polluting up one area to the Max then paying offsets say somewhere else is going to achieve squat.

The conservatives argue.
A tax that makes the public pay but exempts the causes (major polluters/ pollutants),
jockey for Control over Dogma (power), declare the problem doesn't exist (problem Solvered?).

If we continue to :
Pollute the Great Barrier Reef, our bay
Use up all the usable 'fossil water' Perth and or the Artesian basin.
Pollute air in capital cities so it "needs a knife to cut".
Pour squillions of tons of toxicity or crude and gas into the seas
The list goes on and on.

How is any of this going to be fixed by a forest somewhere aren't we still up to our necks in causes?

All major parties are pressured by the fearful ignorant and AMORAL Business
(in animate entities don't have consciences or allegiances to countries...globalism e.g. Hardie industries).
Their objectives are to survival/prospering, controlling elite, their shareholders in that order. Not the well being of people or specific country.

They argue for wealth/jobs etc by a fatally flawed economics.
An economics is a highly interpretive (dogma driven) discipline. A system that demands continual growth in everything in a finite world!
Our economic system is a house of cards see http://www.chrismartenson.com. Our debt levels, 'monetary' inflation can't continue indefinitely.

Yet, we chose this rear vision perspective and obsessing over a process instead of hard Scientific current reality (facts) and probable consequences by choosing to obsess over process. We are no longer Homo sapien but truly Homo extravigantus.

I'm not arguing for total ABANDONMENT of civilisation, I simply want someone to explain the process by which the above 'political ' solutions are going to SOLVE the bleeding obvious
Posted by examinator, Monday, 2 November 2009 6:22:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Examinator

Read the following link, it explains Graham Y's promotion of CO2 and just about every other wacko opinion that permeate this blogsite.

http://www.cc.org/blog/carbon_dioxide_turns_out_be_savior_0

Christians hey?
Posted by Fractelle, Monday, 2 November 2009 8:11:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Christians hey?
Posted by Fractelle

lol Yeah, and ugly little trolls that live under 'bridges', just waiting.
Posted by StG, Monday, 2 November 2009 8:33:12 AM
its the final stage to create a world govt

and refinance the same powers that be/were..
by taxing the first world..into enforced serfdom

rebuilding it in the current 3 rd world..allowing a well financed powers that were..to do it all over again...

in the third world..selectivly giving the carbon credits..to the neo dictators..running their new industrialisation/consumer ...serving the same big business adgenda/scam..doing the same polutions..under the same ursurous terms

its about a world govt and a global tax...on carbon credits..gifted to multinationals..to subvert nationality..globally..financed with our compulsory new taxes

Read the Copenhagen Agreement
http://unfccc.int/resource/docs/2009/awglca7/eng/inf02.pdf

Looking at the location of the word "governance" in the doc makes you realize what TPTB have in mind.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703574604574500580285679074.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Next stop should be here if you're American:
http://www.globalclimatescam.com/?page_id=560

as fot us...dont hold ya breath..you either play their neo[new] game[or get no credit]..cant buy nor sell..even that you produced by yourself..

if your not one of them...you need a 5 dollar permit to grow a single chicken

see govts sold us out...treaty law overrules civil/statuted/constituted de facto law...but we been de-educated/desensitised/disenfranchised...lied to

by the same media that will play their self/same..coluded/deceptions to the 3 rd world...
Posted by one under god, Monday, 2 November 2009 9:34:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
examinator: "Perhaps someone can help me to understand how Polluting up one area to the Max then paying offsets say somewhere else is going to achieve squat."

Of course that isn't going to achieve anything. But then that isn't the plan. The plan is to introduce some mechanism that allows us to price CO2 emissions in a fairly neutral and painless way now, and then some years after it is place (after 2020 by the looks of it), ratchet up the price.

If you are saying it is a fairly gutless limp wristed plan, you are probably right. But then they are having enough trouble getting this limp wristed one into place, so I'd say it is the best they can do. If you are saying that at a dollars and cents level it won't work, you are wrong. Once the mechanism is in place, if whoever is in power in 2020 (it will be the Liberals I guess) have the guts to use it, it will work.

As a strategy, it doesn't look so bad to me. Once it mechanism is in place, they can use ratchet it up fairly quickly if AGW pans out as expected. If it does there will be more popular support for using it, so that won't be hard. If AGW doesn't happen as expected or it is overtaken by other events, then no harm done - as we haven't inflicted much in the way of costs on ourselves anyway.
Posted by rstuart, Monday, 2 November 2009 11:42:24 AM
Fractelle,

GO TO the Naughty corner!!
Write 10 times I must not pick on GY or mess with examinator's head and computer!
In your best crayon too. ;-)

OUG
Go to the other naughty corner!!
Write 10 times I must not mess with examinator's head and computer!
In your best crayon too. ;-)

StG
Go to the other naughty corner
Write 10 times I must not insult trolls and use examinator's jokes!
In Your best finger painting ;-)

Examinator has a hang over ( That'll keep them busy the room's round) evil laugh :-)
Posted by examinator, Monday, 2 November 2009 11:43:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy