The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do you believe this?

Do you believe this?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Baby survives after being run over by train. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8311289.stm

I saw this in the newspaper yesterday morning. A great stream of tears quickly flowed.

Then I saw the video last evening in an internet cafe. I wanted to post it on OLO but I couldn't see the computer screen!

Finally got to do it this morning, but still with great difficulty seeing through the tears.

Just extraordinarily emotional stuff - how something like this could happen...just so easily and quickly. And then how the baby could survive with no more than a bump on the head.

What do others think?
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 19 October 2009 8:38:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, it was an extraordinarily lucky escape and a graphic reminder that people need to be very careful on platforms at train stations.

Why all the emotion though, Ludwig? Wasn't it you who described children recently as "horrible little rugrats"?

Feeling a bit guilty, perhaps?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 19 October 2009 9:27:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good morning Ceej.

I can just imagine you as a child. You must have been the world's worst rugrat!

In fact it appears to be a trait that you have held onto for fifty odd years!

Have a great day (:>)
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 19 October 2009 9:42:46 AM
I think we should remodel all our train stations and make a little fence to stop this ever happening again.

If we could save just one child, it would be worth it.

Not every child is fortunate enough to have careful parents.
Society should protect the children of these careless parents.
It takes a village to raise a child.
Think of the children!

If we could save just one child, it would be worth it.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 19 October 2009 10:20:32 AM
WHAT IDIOT..DESIGNS THE PLATFORM TO SLOPE..INTO THE TRAINTRACKS

even those pimpled strips..[for the blind]should have prevented its movement...did they have the blind ripple strip...i forgot to note

the station...was it maned...many arnt

every accident...happen's
because monetarilly..someone stopped thinking
Posted by one under god, Monday, 19 October 2009 10:58:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"WHAT IDIOT..DESIGNS THE PLATFORM TO SLOPE..INTO THE TRAINTRACKS"

Yes OUG. It makes you wonder. I would have thought that the designers could see the folly in that.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 19 October 2009 1:11:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy