The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Weapons of mass destruction (WMD) vs weapons of pinpoint destruction (WPD) and Robosnake

Weapons of mass destruction (WMD) vs weapons of pinpoint destruction (WPD) and Robosnake

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
LOL examinator

There you are nefarious Zionist plot detector turned up to maximum sensitivity.

However, I think you are somewhat confused.

I did NOT say that my previous thread was intended to be jocular. Nor is this one intended to be jocular. The only part of my previous thread that was intended to be semi-jocular was the comment about banks employing solely female financial traders and executives.

CJ Morgan,

Sigh. The standards at OLO do keep falling don't they? ;-D

Why don’t you suggest to the powers that be that they refrain from approving my efforts?

However I do agree that I got my syntax a bit mangled this time. Thank you for pointing it out.

BTW examinator,

Israel does have WPDs.

Although I used the Israeli – Arab conflict as an example this is not really about that minor – in global terms – conflict at all. It is about the way technology will make more effective terrorism possible
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Sunday, 4 October 2009 9:19:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
stevenlmeyer,<<..this is not really about that minor – in global terms – conflict at all...>>minor...lol

<<It is about the way technology will make more effective terrorism possible>>...i think realising..who the terrorists really..are is a first step...follow those who gain..id say that land stealers love stealing others lands..thus terror to make money..[or gain advantage...like free land...they suddenly..become rightious...

and if you can make claim..that some of your kind..got injured/killed genocided..[but not by the currenntly/oppressed people]...your curently oppressing...well so much better..[worse]..but the deciet [and excuses to cause terror]reveal those of the vile

but back to those..doing the terror..are..[clearly making a proffit from their terror..[and taking leveraged positions in the stock market[like the real true multinational/terrorists did..prior to the usa equivelent of crystal nacht[911]..that set up the same/same of the stupidly/terrorist and their vairious deceptions/methods....feeding the hip pocket/gain from war/terror

I CERTAINLY DONT WANT TO CONTRIBUTE IDEAS..TO THIS..terrorist comfort/TOPIC
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 4 October 2009 10:47:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steven, it may well be possible for terroists to design their own drones and "WPDs" etc.

But this doesn't stop the fact that terrorism is a political tool used for political ends. So, when considering the question as whole, we have to ask ourselves (and the terrorists too), will this technology achieve what we want to achieve? And, as you have identified with the WMDs, countries that develop these are unlikely to use them broadly because of just this reason.

I think that while WPDs may be developed by terrorists and be useful to them in limited situations, the world is not going to be held to ransom by them.

They are on a losing team, that's why they're terrorists.
Posted by Bugsy, Monday, 5 October 2009 9:59:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I love the idea, CJ, but Steven's been beaten to the punch (and quite some time ago):

http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Israeli-War-1999-Howard-Waldrop/dp/0345277368
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 5 October 2009 11:33:40 AM
Yeah, Fundi flown UAV's are MUCH scarier than Fundi flown nations with nukes hell bent on ridding the planet of "Zionists". *rolls eyes*

Nukes are just part of the problem. There's power and influence that comes with them. There's the regional arms race. There's the dirty bombs technology, and much, much more.

These weapons also don't NEED to be sent by rocket. IT could be truck, boat, or plane. You may consider the nutters at the top cowards but without a rocket blipping it's way from the south east how are you going to prove where it came from?.

I think we're fairly confident that terrorists don't mind killing themselves, many innocents, and quite alot of the enemy just to make a point. Imagine the gravity of the situation if instead of 3000, we're talking about 3,000,000.

Do you REALLY want to take that risk?
Posted by StG, Monday, 5 October 2009 2:52:53 PM
Need to add. Drones need air superiority to be effective. They're not quick and rely on satellites. That doesn't make them all that cheap either. The more accurate you want the weapon the more expensive it gets.

There ARE lots of weapons out there that could cause sleeploss for the likes of yourself. Consider the Javelin weapons system. Almost the perfect guerilla weapon for various tasks.
Posted by StG, Monday, 5 October 2009 3:17:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy