The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Your Tribal Past ...

Your Tribal Past ...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. All
Thanks for this thread Foxy
I wish you well May you have a good life and I am sorry to hear of your step-dad my thoughts go out to you and the rest of your family
All the rest out there have a good life
Bye from Dave
Posted by dwg, Wednesday, 23 September 2009 3:47:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Dave,

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts.
I read somewhere that no conventional
therapy can release us from a deep and
abiding psychic pain, yet, through prayer
we can find what we can't find elsewhere:
a peace that is not of this world.

It does help.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 23 September 2009 6:28:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
A bit belated but never the less genuinely felt. I wish you and your family the best and calm acceptance, when the time comes.
The grief WILL pass and in its place will be the knowledge of the worth of the life that was, not the passing.
So long as you remember, his influence and the value of that life will continue.

May your God bless you.
Examinator and Family

PS We have in the last 14 months lost a mum and a Dad and last two weeks a brother-in-law prematurely to illness.
Posted by examinator, Wednesday, 23 September 2009 7:42:43 PM
Dear Examinator,

Your words hugged me like a warm winter coat
in the middle of a cold winter's day.

Thank You, and my sympathies to you and your
loved ones for your loss.

I know deep in my heart that what you are saying
is true - we shall eventually have a calm
acceptance. It's just difficult at present.
Especially watching my mum...
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 23 September 2009 8:30:27 PM
This is a most interesting thread and I'd encourage all to go deeper into their ancestry; not only is it a fascinating study but history can come alive when you identify historical ancestors or positively relate some of them to places or events. My discovery of Robert the Bruce as an ancestor is a case in point and to date I have found Irish, Scots, English, Normans, French, Germans, Vikings, Saxons, Italians and others in the family tree. Both George Washington and Teddy Roosevelt are cousins xxxxx times removed.
Which of course doesn't make me any better or worse than I as before making my discoveries (well, maybe I do take a slightly larger hat!).

It is truly said that family trees are like peanut bushes, the best part is under the ground.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 4 October 2009 7:16:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy