The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Predation and Della Bosca

Predation and Della Bosca

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. All
Jay:”Hang on while I just check my wrist for a pulse. Hmm... No. The story just dosen't seem to excite me at all. Just some sleazy slut out to make a quid for her self. I bet she had it all planned. Seduce a political Minister, anyone, it doesen't matter, sell the story to the highest bidder.”

Agreed it is boring, I don’t believe politicians embrace ethics and it never surprises when proof appears of this lack in their personality.

I’m disappointed at how stupid he is but after that second of emotion I realized I don’t even know who the dude is or what he does.

If she planned it then we should vote her in. Maybe she could do it to China or something.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 3 September 2009 11:26:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Harold Holt, Bob Hawke, John Gorton all had extramarital affairs and continued on successfully in their chosen careers. I do not see what a person's sex-life has to do with one's job.

There must be more to this "scandal" than we are privy to. If Della Bosca was any good at his job this 'affair' would not be an issue.

However, he has resigned. His marriage is probably rocky if not ruined. He shows poor judgement in women. Nothing new, nothing to see, move on.
Posted by Fractelle, Thursday, 3 September 2009 11:32:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree entirely with Banjo. MPs are the nation's decision makers and are not setting an example for their constituents. Worse, many constituents find this behaviour acceptable.

However, where does the code of ethics start and end for those in public life? John Bowler was a Minister in WA's Labor government prior to the last state elections. The Crime and Corruption Commission found Bowler guilty of leaking cabinet documents to his friend (and lobbyist) Julian Grill, of the infamous Burke/Grill duo.

Bowler's punishment was a demotion to the back bench. Seemingly, the citizens of Kalgoorlie like cheats and liars since he now holds the seat of Kalgoorlie as an independent.

Brian Burke was once Premier of WA during the ignominious WA Inc era and is an ex gaol bird. The media claims that taxpayers picked up Burke's legal bills of some $900,000. However, WA senior public servants and politicians have found it quite acceptable to do business with an ex gaol bird - well until the more recent CCC's revelations and now they've all ducked for cover!

Then you have church leader - the hapless Peter Hollingsworth who has my sympathy despite my loathing of paedophiles.

I am aware of several politicians who have become carried away with their own importance - pollies who were happily married prior to entering parliament but who are sufficiently egotistical to believe they can lead double lives because of their parliamentary position.

"Kate" will pay a smaller price. Perhaps Della Bosca should have selected a lover who could keep her mouth shut! That's what the more discreet pollies do these days.
Posted by Protagoras, Thursday, 3 September 2009 11:59:35 AM
Hang on while I just check my wrist for a pulse. Hmm... No. The story just dosen't seem to excite me at all. Just some poor, downtroden, missguided, honest woman out to make a quid for her self. I bet she had it all planned. Seduce a political Minister, anyone, it doesen't matter, sell the story to the highest bidder.

People do this all the time, especially women. Who cares if he had taken sexual advantage of a naieve, unsuspecting, beautiful young woman. I don't. The only person who should be upset should be his wife. Then maybe she's glad that he's not bothering her. ;-)

Is that more acceptable Graham?
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 3 September 2009 12:25:14 PM
Well, we mostly agree that the affair is something, nothing.

However, I believe the bloke should be sacked.

Anybody who can show such dereaful taste, & judgement, where women are concerned, is most unlikely to make sound choices, as a government minister.

That this twit, has got so many other twits, all atwitter is the most interesting, & worrying part of the whole thing.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 3 September 2009 1:22:00 PM
I cant believe the misogynist drivel by some of these supposed 'men' on this forum. The OLO bitter men brigade is out in full force!

HE was the one with the power. HE was the one cheating on his wife. Oh yes, it's the 'predator women' is it? When an ugly old man with power and money puts his filthy mits on a young innocent girl, who really just wanted to be loved, She's the predator?!

CJ,

'Indeed, given who he's married to, I imagine many people would understand why he might stray from the matrimonial boudoir.'

How utterly offensive you disgusting little man. So threatened by a woman who dares to speak her mind like Belinda? A man acts like that and he's 'strong', a woman is considered a b1tch. Got what's coming to her did she? Not pretty enough for this ugly old fart that he has to get a younger model?

Thank god some real men on OLO like Banjo have some guts to see this situation for what it really is.

jayb,

'People do this all the time, especially women.'
Oh yes, blame the victim!

'Who cares if he had taken sexual advantage of a naieve, unsuspecting, beautiful young woman. I don't.'

No doubt you don't, as men throughout the centuries have abused and taken advantage of women like this. Perhaps if you treated women as more than a cheap piece of meat, you wouldn't have such trouble understanding what victims like this go through. I'm sure you have about as much success in your personal relationships as this poor excuse for a man.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 3 September 2009 2:27:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy