The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Smacking Children

Smacking Children

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. All
Rstuart:”As you say, leaving it to individuals like yourself to sort out what "a child is not being cared for adequately" means is a very big ask. So big it is asking for trouble.”

Huge problem, through not understanding correctly I don’t want to be blamed for a child’s removal, if the child is at risk I want them removed but might not report correctly so leave a child at risk of harm. This is a new role for me and not one I appreciate being told post placement.

So in NZ the police having gone from working out if it is “reasonable force” to being responsible for figuring out if the force was used under the set guidelines a parent requires to use force.

It is a bit of a change in directions. Previously the “why” of it was left up to court and the “action” taken is what the police acted upon?

I’m thinking out loud there, have I put it correctly?

“If what you are saying is: "while we try to define the bright lines, the world in reality is a very blury place that isn't compatible with firm lines in the sand", then it looks pretty clear to me. And you are right.”

Wow, that was really good. I wish I could write like that.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Monday, 24 August 2009 7:19:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy