The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 1 in 10 'racial supremacists' in Australia

1 in 10 'racial supremacists' in Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
The study shows that 9 in 10 Australians are NOT racial supremacists: 6 out of 10 are NOT racist. How about some 'studies' from other countries for a change! Most Australians are NOT racists. How do other countries rate!

The difference in Australia, as opposed to countries where they kill people for merely being different - is that we have a non- discrimanatory immigration policy and a tolerance built on Western values and ideals.

Unfortunatley, too many immigrants feel that things are not always to their liking, and they start to pick and carp about 'racism' because they know that Australians, like all Westerners, are sensitive to be called racist. The same thing occurs in the UK, where British heritage, history and values have been eroded by authorities frighened of upsetting immigrants.

Hopefully, Australians will not succumb to this stupid name calling and the blackmail of certain people who are always stirring the possum on OLO, and people who abuse our tolerance and easy-going manner.

There is too much acceptances of some immigrants' demands that Australia does things they way they (immigrants) want.

And we should remember, these 'studies' are not always carried out by people who include the correct raw data or those who have positive attitudes to Australia and Australians.

Every time we have the word 'racists' aimed at us, we must think of it as a 'thought-terminating cliche'; a bullying tactic to put us on the back foot. It has working in Britain, where freedom of speech is just about defunct; let's see that it doesn't happen here.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 25 June 2009 11:28:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Every "race" and culture, society and clan is "racist", look at how the Romanies are treated across Europe, every spot on this planet has it's prejudice. The Lebanese treat each other in horrific ways, and come here and do the same, hence the reputation. Look at the caste system in India, yet here they cry discrimination. No-one's at fault, it's built into our genes, yet can be easily overcome by education and experience, just look at how many Aussies are resentful of Asian immigration, yet are perfectly capable of liking the Asian woman at work, or that nice Mr Tan down at the grocers.
Until such education and/or experience become universal, we will have to find ways to deal with the consequences of the clash between our inherited xenophobia and our Global Village.
There are many nations on Earth far more racist than Australia, look you to Japan, China, most of Africa and Sth America.
The worst racists I've encountered in Australia are the Indigenous themselves. Hands down!
Posted by Maximillion, Thursday, 25 June 2009 11:37:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yet another anti-Australian thread from Symeonakis. It makes me wonder why he ever came here. Worse still, if it troubles him so much, why does he stay here? How would he like it if I went to his homeland and constantly carped on about conditions there?

I'm sure that his thread will bring out all the usual WASP-haters.
Posted by Austin Powerless, Thursday, 25 June 2009 1:36:50 PM
All humans are basically tribal in their outlook and I think people mistake this for racism. You only have to look at the way competing football supporters, often with some violence, enforce their beliefs. We all want to spend time with the culture with which we feel comfortable and whose philosophy and attitudes we relate to.

It is not about skin colour or the way others "look different", it"s much more about the way we were brought up and what we believe in.
If that is being racist then I plead guilty.

Having said that, there is no way I would vilify people who come from another country and speak another language, I would go out of my way to support them, but by the same token it does irritate me the way some will not conform and will display significant signs, particularly in the way they dress, that they do not agree with certain philosophies, culture and even the laws that we have grown up with and accept. Why do many religions have to exhibit their beliefs by wearing clothing such as the hijab, skull cap, turban, and don't cut their hair and even wear crosses round their necks. To me it portrays a provocative message to say "I am not of your clan and do not have your beliefs"

While I accept that a lot of people have faith in different gods I would prefer them to keep it to themselves. It might create a bit more fellowship. As a predominantly white race in Australia we are more likely to be accused of racism, but I would submit, as others have here, that we don't go near many other countries of the world, but it is us that get pilloried...... continued
Posted by snake, Thursday, 25 June 2009 2:41:42 PM
Contnued.....

I think Nicholas Sarkozy was quite right in banning the Burqa because it creates significant separation in a country that wants integration. If I go to another country I expect to conform to their culture and laws. Saudi Arabia is quite within its right to ban the bikini if it offends their culture, for instance and there are many other countries that require me to cover bare limbs in the same way.

We have gained enormous benefit from other cultures, but racism is bandied about as an excuse for philosophical differences that are cultural. We do not want differences that portray a significant betrayal of that culture and law
Posted by snake, Thursday, 25 June 2009 2:46:20 PM
Well that was predictable it’s happened in every thread and in most schoolyards I guess.

“What about other countries they suck too.”[the finger pointer]

“If you don’t like it go home.”[the sulker]

“But it was only one out of ten so the other nine make up for it!”[the excuser]

And the all time winner:

“We tried to kill them then we took their kids and look! They don’t like us!”[the bully]

Sad guys. Australia is beautiful and something to be so proud of. The indigenous people should be honored. You’ve had a long time to make them feel special and I’d suggest getting on with it. Wasn’t everyone upset about Mr Ward?

Oz’s natives, all generations, should do better and try harder. I don’t know how one does this without acknowledging enough has not been done. If this mindset about immigrants wasn’t deep in the culture you’d have more than a AussieKiwi and a AussieGreek saying these things are not okay. Actually Antonios hasn’t said much.

What is a WASP?

I’m guessing it is something about white Australians? Often hurt isn’t mutual baby, doesn’t always go both ways.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 25 June 2009 2:52:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy