The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > world vision

world vision

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Hello! I'm a first time poster, so be gentle with me!

My work is currently working with world vision to try and get people to join stir, world vision's online community for young people concerned with world issues. For every person that signs up, world vision recevies $1, with the plan being to hopefully get $10,000 for world vision.

I'm not trying to spam the board, just thought there might be a few folks around here who may be interested. If you do sign up please send it on to as many people as you can.

http://stir.org.au/stir/Content.aspx?topicID=4

Thanx for your help,
Cheers!
Posted by gumby, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 10:59:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
gumby:

I realise you declared that you are a first time poster & I don't wish to be hard on you but ....

The legal part of this Forum says:

<quote>
Personal, non-commercial use

You are authorised to:

* download and view content; and
* use the software included in this site in doing this,

for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
<unquote>

I suspect that requesting donations to a charity, however just the cause, may be construed as "commercial".

Good luck !
Posted by Iluvatar, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 4:20:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
lluvy
I would not consider that commercial. There is someone who does this sometimes, and it annoys me.
I think a worthwhile charity is ok here, but not too thick and fast thats all.

LLuvy..I want to draw your attention to a post I will be doing shortly, about the EU. Its quite chilling and considering you are not a fan of 'religion' you might wish to consider this.
cheers.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 8:28:22 PM
World Vision, like all other charities, does more harm than good: keeping people barely alive so that they can breed more people to keep barely alive. The countries in which World Vision meddles have to work things out for themselves, and the first thing they have to do is get rid of corrupt despots.

I heard and interview with a Prof. Deepak Lal who is an expert in such things at a US university. He has added his opinion to the growing list of people saying that giving aid to poor countries is the very worst thing to do.

He is an Indian. Not one of us dreadful white "racists".

Don't take this personally, my friend. You are undoubtedly and good person who believes in what he is doing.
Posted by Leigh, Wednesday, 6 December 2006 8:33:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy