The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Slop in a Bucket

Slop in a Bucket

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I watched with interest the reports that our military aren't happy with the grub.

Of course, the BlakFellas, will tell you that the tucker has been no good ever since the poms arrived, with their sugar and flour, grog and nicotine. (Go Jamie Oliver)

"More!? More?!"
(HaHaHa)

I'm curious as to the arrangements in place. Given we are supposed to be rebuilding the place, why is that after so long we don't have acres upon acres of afghan style kabutzes out the back with freshly grown local tucker, and mini markets with all manner of cuisine. Local tucker produce is always the best in terms of antioxidants and it can always be supplemented by some imported bits and pieces.

We use a pressure cooker here, which heats up internally to 120+ deg cel and hopefully hot enuff to kill any pathogens, as we mostly buy at the local markets, where the produce is freshest.

We half cook the meat then give it the lick of the flame for good measure on the barbie, so the meat can be dried out to taste getting also the tick from the Muslims, and a variety of spice marinade.

KFC reckon their oil goes up to 170+ and is defineately enuff to zap bird flu or anything else.

Curiously, my Mrs is hell allergic to shellfish, but loves prawns. If given the barbie treatment and judiciously dried, it leaves the meat still sweet but in the aftermath, no allergic rash.
Posted by DreamOn, Thursday, 4 June 2009 6:28:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I heard, they out-sourced the catering to the Dutch military, have you ever tasted Dutch food? It's got some good stuff, but quite a lot your average Aussie would find unpalatable. If our boy and girls are good enough to go and risk death and destruction, surely at the very least they deserve to eat Aussie tucker? Why do we have a catering core, if not to feed our soldiers?
Posted by Maximillion, Friday, 5 June 2009 8:32:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, well said *Maxi*

And, I think "we" have to pull up a.houston for a potential porkies.

If I do not err in recall, he stated that the singaporeans also loved their dutch food.

<PeaNut Gallery>
"OH REALLY HOOEY?!"

Now, generally, for spice and chilli eaters, plain stodge is absolutely "chunderous." And if one is used to the "stimulation" of spice and chilli, one can easily become depressed if one does not get it.

I was not born a chilli head rice eater, but now, even for me, if I don't get my fix of hot & spicey, I am within days distracted and tonguing for it.

The last time I heard a Singaporean talk about tucker was on LateLine quite some time ago. The, I forget his title, maybe the "fat cat" of singapore, regarding food, said something to the effect of:

"Take your big mac, and stick it up your <edit>"

So, if angus tells porkies about who loves the tucker, it makes me wonder what else visa vi conditions he may utter falsehood about?
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 6 June 2009 12:57:28 PM
Ah, and the crew get a whole new guvna minister?!

I wonder if there have been a few back room celebrations on a job well done?

Hmmm ...

An what about stress relief? How about a bit of cabaret? Of crucial importance is the ability to rejuvenate, which means you have to be able to achieve deep sleep which means that stress neurochemicals need to be dissipated <-> LAUGHTER, GOOD CHEER .. any suggestions?
Posted by DreamOn, Tuesday, 9 June 2009 3:09:52 PM
I seem to recall that *Alexander the Great* was bum chummy with his mate? Anyone know the truth of this?

Of course, in terms of brain chemistry orgasm dissipates dopamine, but the big question is do we have enough planes to fly the crew to the nearest close safety zone to hook up with wives and partners every weekend.

Or something like the 1 mile high club perhaps?

;-)
Posted by DreamOn, Tuesday, 9 June 2009 3:17:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy