The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'May they rot in hell'

'May they rot in hell'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. All
*If Australia (and other wealthy nations) were to set up their own processing centres there would undoubtedly be enormous benefits to the hapless refugees who are stuck in limbo in Indonesia.*

If Australia set up their own processing centre there CJ, your
problem of more people flocking there would grow, not diminish.
Of course they are frustrated. They were encouraged to spend
lots of money, with a good chance of a visa. We encouraged them.
So its best to change out policy, as I have suggested.

*Currently, there isn't one.*

Yes there is a queue, but it is not based on standing in line.
I am not sure of the criteria that the Govt uses to select who
comes next from the refugee camps, but clearly there must be some
kind of system in place. That system should be openly published, so
that we all know what it is and can discuss it. Perhaps it has
been, I am just not aware of it. That does not mean that it does
not exist. Govt relies on procedure to do anything.

*a fair go for refugees? Or were you just having a lend of us like I suggested?*

I have argued for lots of things. A fairer system is one of them.
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 24 April 2009 6:49:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby: << So its best to change out policy, as I have suggested. >>

What change in policy have you suggested - beyond clearly disingenuous appeals for a 'fairer' process? I've proposed a couple, as have Bronwyn and others. I'd be comfortable with an increase in our refugee intake to a level of 30,000 (or more) in tandem with the removal of other incentives for increasing our population.

Be honest, Yabby. This entire thread is an essentially dishonest attempt to stir up the latent xenophobic sentiments of that self-interested proportion of our community who oppose Australia having a humanitarian foreign policy that demands that we live up to our treaty obligations to accept genuine refugees, isn't it?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 24 April 2009 9:19:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*This entire thread is an essentially dishonest attempt to stir up the latent xenophobic sentiments*

CJ, I don't mind you accusing me of lots of things, but not of
dihonesty. I might express my opinions far too bluntly for some,
for too tactlessly for others, but I say what I think, warts and all.

What I have highlighted in this thread, is the obvious contradiction
that applies to our asylum seeker policy, by both parties.

I've suggested solutions, they might be outside the square, but
I challenge you or anyone else to show where my thinking is flawed.

So far neither you nore anyone else has done so.
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 24 April 2009 9:36:15 PM
Get real, Yabby. You disingenuously claim that you want refugees to be treated fairly in their claims to asylum in Australia.

Some of us have suggested ways that Australia could not only enhance our assessment of such claims, but also increase the numbers of legitimate refugess we could accept - while actually decreasing the current rate of population growth, no less.

What's your alternative - that because there's currently no fair way of assessing refugees' claims we shouldn't accept any?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 24 April 2009 11:15:56 PM
CJ, I thought I had spelled it out quite clearly, but it seems
not clearly enough for you.

What I have suggested is that we shut down the boat trade as it
is not a fair way of deciding who comes to Australia.

I have suggested that we can take whatever number we decide on,
be that 13000 or 30000, from refugee camps and suchlike, from
around the world.

Shutting down the boat trade would be a huge savings in resources
all round, which could be put to better use.
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 25 April 2009 1:38:23 AM
"may they rot in hell" and as the ship sinks in their own part of the world, the rats will keep on coming and it will not stop. Australia is not a free for all and the sooner you all wake up to the fact and shut the gates, because like they believe," we have a right to preserve our race".If you all haven't noticed, this country is cant take the pressure of the foot prints we already have!

Wake up Australia! Humans will not stop breeding! and as their own over-populated burn-out counties spills out on their shore lines, the same thing will happen here!

Sorry people! The welcome mat is closed.

Go back and complain to your own governments and ask why they have not seen the dilemma of over-population, that now we see is causing all the rats to leave the ship!

And this has nothing to do with race! But we do have an obligation for the people that already inhabit our wonderful life-stile.

Life is very hard in other parts of the world, and you all want Australia to join their over-crowded misery, I suggest that all who feel sorry for the poor hard done-bys, go back with them in their boats and f..king join them!

Have you people lost your minds?

And YES PEOPLE!

WE HAVE A RIGHT to save our country for our children, and you goodie two shoes just want to give it all away?

The cronulla riots was just the beginning.

Mark my words.

EVO
Posted by EVO2, Saturday, 25 April 2009 4:28:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. All