The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > There may be a 'mutiny' on the bounty

There may be a 'mutiny' on the bounty

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
It would appear that our resident boss, Anna Bligh, has gained a few tricks from her former boss, back flip beaty.

During the recent QLD state election, the LNP party openly advised that it would cut jobs and put the axe though the public service if elected. A situation that the labour party vigourusly oppossed in the strongest manner.

Well guess what, back flip bligh is softening the blow for the public service as she has announced, or at least her treasurer has, that there are going to be severe cut backs in the public service.

So how can this be?

Can they be held accountable for these lies?
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 17 April 2009 7:12:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
how indeed [aint poli-tricks the game of the sum of scum], its hilarious seeing the labour unionists haunting the borg, only to have the bilgh do her thing in the traditionally decietfull way

honesty dont work in poli-tics, the borg ewas too upfront[about how you pay for your political promises[see that anna knows how deep in doodoo the qld govt really is]she had too GO EARLY ,aS WE ALL SOON WILL BE REALISING,as the real vile of a one house govt gets revealed

lets just say you aint seen nothing yet[i was going to join this to the election thread], because knowing how we got here is as important as knowing what the heck we going to do to get out

but hey no one cares about poli-ticks ,no one noticed beaty rewrote the qld con[into act 70-2002], and no one will notice a few less non-public servile pigs sucking out of the public purse,

thats not the real problem[selling the public utilities[silver] and contracted lease back defaults]will soon become public knowledge..

the hole created in the budget simply to repay the defauting loan intrest ensures the truth will [ok may] be realised soon..[but owing to no real media reporting..i guess thats only a presumption.

its treason [but what can we do [the police police kids for drugs while the real criminals get govt subsidy]
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 18 April 2009 9:03:56 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Can they be held accountable for these lies?"

The reality is no probably not. Just as Howard was voted back in after introducing the never ever GST or the GST to end all other taxes.

People have short memories, but to be fair sometimes other issues come up inbetween that might mean choosing the lesser evil. (Though I am not saying that Howard was the lesser evil in this instance but he obviously was for some of the voters although he did not get majority primary vote).
Posted by pelican, Saturday, 18 April 2009 11:24:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pelican, unless I am mistaken, the GST was an election commitment taken in to the election at the time.

What has me so angry is the fact that the Bligh government used the LNP's announced public service cut backs as amnunition against the LNP and is now looking like doing the same thing ,or similar, themselves
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 19 April 2009 6:58:59 AM
Pelican I agree with rehclub re the GST. It was part of the party platform in the leadup to the election. The Never ever comment was silly but the GST was not deceipt. Not talking about Work Choices before the election annoyed me and my guess is that it was on the agenda in thye lead up to that election.

Thats perhaps closer to the mark but still it seems a shade less dishonest than campaigning against an opponent on the basis of what they intend to do if elected if you then do the same when you are elected.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 19 April 2009 5:52:56 PM
So where are all the die hard labor supporters, or do they realise they just didn't loose bad enough to be voted out. Even after they ran a smeer campaign filled with lies and deciet.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 20 April 2009 7:55:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy