The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > nuclear energy debate

nuclear energy debate

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
The Forum published some good comments and feedback on the Newspoll survey on Nuclear Power options in 2006. Recently The Austrailian had a short column indicating 1 in 5 Australians now saw Nuclear power contributing to our energy needs by 2020. I've not seen much on this issue lately and I had thought it might get more air time as part of the Climate Change debate. Can someone comment on this and point me to where I might see where the current thinking is?
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 29 January 2009 10:20:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spindoc, you could start here:

http://bravenewclimate.com/category/nuclear-energy/

qanda
Posted by Q&A, Thursday, 29 January 2009 11:17:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Part of any nuclear energy debate should include the problem of what to do with nuclear waste.

I recommend viewing the following website:

http://www.sprol.com/?p=176

Or alternatively google 'Chelyabinsk, Russia.'
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 29 January 2009 11:44:12 AM
As with most things, the public won't consider the nuclear bogie until the cost of reducing CO2 actually starts biting.

Until 2020 when there has been no reduction what so ever, the public will quite blissfully listen to the idiotic drivellings of those that think serious reductions can be made without nuclear energy.

Until then there will be no serious debate.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 29 January 2009 12:47:19 PM
My party says we will never use it but we will.
Greens too but they are wrong.
Already half the world is using it or planning to.
We have enough waste to kill us all now, we must find a way to dispose of it, we will.
Russia has enough to kill the world and is not looking after it at all.
By 2020 Australia will be at least planning to build more than one power station using it.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 29 January 2009 2:38:22 PM
Ta for the ref. sites, have done some research and surprised that some 440 reactors now in opration, also surprised that no nuclear waste, madical or long life has actually been prmanently disposed of (burried) yet, just stored until they figure out what to do with it. Can't actually find solid basis for objections to nuclear power. If it's good enough for others wonder why we can't get behind it?
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 29 January 2009 5:11:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy