The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Get Real About Justice and David Hicks!

Get Real About Justice and David Hicks!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
maybe the 3 big head honchos should concentrate on cleaning up their own backyard before condemning ONE SINGLE poor man who appeared to be confused and decided to try something different..he hasnt raped any kids or women, killed or slaughtered anyone..the 3 big head honchos will pay for keeping this poor kid in custody for so long..already its been proven that the yanks have no right to hold him..even the poms dont recognise the yanks imprisonment of these type of people..whats Howard doing to get David Hicks out ??..If you can honestly say that he should be in prison, then maybe you should search the net and look at the atrocities committed by countries like usa, uk and even australia..the yanks bombed cambodia during the vietnam war and 'conned' the world they were bombing vietnam..

get the poor kid out..the US Govt are the most dishonest and evil people in the world.

GreatDad
Posted by GreatDad, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 10:57:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nothing youve read dickie is based on fact, but supposition and hearsay and geographical 'evidence' coupled with perceived intent.That is not a crime.

Innocent until proven guilty.That much we all deserve.This is not about David Hicks it is about basic human civil liberties..

That could be you or me..different crime different place but nonetheless facing the same deprivation of basic human rights and corrupt legal processes.

Illuvator says it as he sees it and says it for a lot of people.
Posted by holyshadow, Wednesday, 22 November 2006 4:34:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I applaud all those who have stated their support for David Hicks. The support is not necessarily for the man but for fundamental human rights. What has happened to the basic premise of “Guilty until proved innocent”? If we don’t protect this and other rights we are in no better position than those that we are supposedly at war with. What happens then, the U.S.A. invades us in the “defence of freedom”?

Everything that Hicks is accused of is just that accusations he deserves the right to due process as much as anyone else.

And to say that the occupation of these countries is a war is laughable. For a war you need more than one army. Of course these people fight in civilian clothes because that’s what a lot of them are. If Australia was invaded would, those who believe that what we and the U.S. are doing is right, wait in line for a uniform? I can tell you I would not I would fight for this country with every thing I have wearing whatever I had. .

We are so fortunate that we have such free and easy access to information, whether it is true or not, we can draw our own conclusions. Most people in these countries do not have what we take for granted and are further oppressed by the foreign governments. Bush and his puppet Howard are the ones to blame. They are the real terrorists.
Posted by micmac2006, Thursday, 23 November 2006 12:39:46 AM
It is truly heartening to see so many people prepared to execute somebody without ever even seeing any evidence - must be one of our 'Australian Values'.

Not only is this a case of finding someone guilty without trial it is a case of finding someone guilty without evidence - we do not even know what it is he is actually accused of - and under the current system we may never know. We do not know if he was even armed when captured, we do not know if he ever fought against allied soldiers or ever intended to - all we know is that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and that when he was surrounded by a hi-tech army firing upon him, he surrendered - sensible thing to do I would have thought.

Having served on several juries I know how easily, even with substantial evidence, things can be miscontrued. In this case without having seen any evidence, people's readiness to see him swing is truly blood chilling. Not only have we not seen the evidence but it is more than reasonable to assume that there is very little actual evidence against him because if there was there would be no reason not to bring him to trial ages ago and avert the global condemnation that Gitmo has garnered.

If the bad guys are the bad guys because of the way they behave and we behave like the bad guys what does that make us?
Posted by Rob513264, Friday, 24 November 2006 1:16:03 AM
http://www.getup.org.au/campaign.asp?campaign_id=5

Read more on how you can help David Hicks..

I hope the link works this time.
Posted by holyshadow, Friday, 24 November 2006 1:00:54 PM
Do we know it is only in acts of freedom, does human existence achieve authenticity.

Thank You everyone who has shared their critical thoughts and humanity on this forum so far in support of DAVID HICKS.

I WANT DAVID HICKS HOME YESTERDAY.

There is not a day goes past where I don't think of this man, and what the world is becoming in the light of it.

Please continue to be outspoken.

This is a TIME - WORP!

Walk in Peace and Strength - Human Rights

http://www.miacat.com
Posted by miacat, Monday, 27 November 2006 8:45:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy