The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Atheists pursue redress with anti-discrimination legislation

Atheists pursue redress with anti-discrimination legislation

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
All,

Be Ye Theist or Be Ye Atheist, it logical to triangulate knowledge sources to confirm or refute a claims and develop a tentative (to be continuous tested)posi.

From an Historical perspective, I suggest Christians should not look backwards from Nicaea to the crucifixion nor have the OT as the only BCE link.

One needs to look at the relationship forward from the second and first centuries BCE (Heli, Joseph & Jesus of the House of David) and the missions to the gentiles into the early common era.

Under Augustus, the Annas took the place of the Hedorians (who were not even Jewish) (under Julius). The House of David via the Gentiles ultimately provided Roman religion to replace pantheism, but it didn't really start to become unified until Constantine to try and save Rome from collapse.

Dear Theists, if you haven't reviewed these matters, forget science and the big bang and Noah and the vegetarian lions; you need to confront veriable histographies.

Moreover, it is logical at coming the age of twelve a Jewish boy would be mentioned in scripture. Also, if an Essene, he might not have been fully celibate. Dynastic priest-kigs did have sex, but rarely, to propagate their lines.

Reasoning (David) involves looking at both sides of the argument. I see many atheists with a knowledge of the Bible but few theists looking belief as an alernative hypothesis rather than non-tested posit.

O.
Posted by Oliver, Sunday, 14 December 2008 7:54:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good People,

If religious folk want to play in the game of life then they have do so by a common set of rules, not by ones set up in antiquity to afford them special privilege. If those calling themselves Atheists wish to continue that dispensation then my advice would be to get a wider education because you are unhelpful to religion or Atheism.

The ad hominem accusations directed at me by a few posters results from this special protection, which deems any criticism of religion a heinous crime. My posts do not fit the category of ad hominem shots at posters; they are responses to the words and concepts presented.

It is called, lively debate and the days where one may not mention anything about religion in the negative are on the way out for good. If you cannot sustain propositions on which you depend for psychological support, then it is best to modify those preconceptions or not be involved in discussion about them with others unhampered by those views.

Religion does not have the answers to the dilemmas facing the planet and its peoples; in fact, they are a large part of the problem, which is creating them. The driving force behind the global and societal consequences of constant growth, endless borrowing and spending and consumption doesn’t cross the consciousness of most people, especially those of faith whom consider that ‘every sperm is sacred’. Unlimited population results.

The Atheist bus advertising campaign is an attempt to make people think about these things before we are not in a position to do so. I find it interesting that in these times where reason is the most important attribute in finding our way though the mire of problems, there is still a reliance on an invisible superman in the sky to solve the immense troubles faced.

There is every chance that this hold on us by human evolutionary history will be our undoing but that does not mean not attempting to make a paradigm change in viewing existence.

The international bus slogan campaign is a part of such transformation.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Sunday, 14 December 2008 10:33:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David et al.,

The point on applying reason (to history) and staying in bed on Sunday is arguably apt, even to the Theist.

Circa the change to the Common Era, the House of Levi were born priests and did not require intercession to be "righteous". Part of Jesus' mission was to achieve the same all, via an extended House of David, including the Gentles. Therefore, the Christian-Jews, did not require incession to be achieve, in their belief system, righteousness (Theiring). Although, these early Christian-Jews did meet small groups (Fox), any clerical presence and rites would have been peripheral.

Else put, the Churches are unnecessary and the Theists can stay in bed on Sundays, as can the Atheists.
Posted by Oliver, Monday, 15 December 2008 9:20:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Are Atheists bashing all religions or just Christianity??

Too scared to post advertisement directly criticising Islam, I bet.

What about publishing some humorous anti-Islam cartoons?? I dare you !!

Go ahead, weaken Christianity and indirectly strengthen Islam. One day Islam will deal with all you infidels, the way only Islam knows.

Take my advice, for a free society not to be overrun by Islam, you need the following 3 approaches (Excerpts from the thread: "What's wrong with 'Islamophobia'")...

Approach (1)...Directly weaken the force of Islam
This is very important.
Actively expose Islam as a religion based on Mohammed's lies. This is one way to weaken the Islamic force-- By challenging Islam's credibility and legitimacy.

Approach (2)...Maintain and Extend forces that oppose Islam
The force of Atheism and secularism, in fact.

Approach (3)...Avoid diminishing forces that directly / indirectly oppose Islam
Christianity/Judaism are very important anti-Islamic forces in the West. Especially Christianity is a viable option for Muslims who leave Islam.

What you're doing with your anti-Christianity campaign is diminishing Christianity and this is dangerous for western freedom and democracy.

Know who your true friends are. Think about your actions !!
Posted by G Z, Friday, 2 January 2009 1:09:31 AM
DAVID>>slogan'campaign'is a part of such'transformation'.

transformation;The act or'an'instance of'transforming;The state of being transformed.

A marked change,as in appearance or character,..Replacement of the variables in an algebraic expression by their values in terms of another set of variables.>>LOL}A mapping of one space onto another or onto itself.

Linguistics...A rule that systematically converts one'syntactic-form' or form of a sentence into another;..A construction or'sentence'derived by such a rule;a transform.

Genetics...The change undergone by an animal cell upon infection by a cancer-causing virus;..The alteration of a bacterial cell caused by the transfer of DNA from another bacterial cell,especially a pathogen.

CZ>>Are Atheists bashing all religions or just Christianity??

Too scared to post advertisement directly criticising Islam,What about publishing some humorous anti-Islam cartoons>>

oh dear;cz i can see the burning buses now[but it is important to note we all are capable of'extreem'goodness as well as extreem'badness[be we buddist,baptist,jew or athiest[regardless of our beliefs]

its not the religion or non-religion that makes good[people]do bad things[but its human fears,usually'delusional-fears'that make the good contemplate doing a'baD'THING

ITS GOOD THAT GOD HAS GRACE AND MERCY[for none of us could enter the higher heavens were we judged by our'good'works alone]

it sadens me that people read xtian works,and yet be incapable of other cheek turning;same with the prophet[may peace be upon them all] both have much wisdom[for an open heart[but also that'old hat'called vengence[like the xtian/torah;old test-i-meant]

that reveals gods'wrath'filled stage[long-ago past by[thanks be to jesus,mahamoud,george fox,mary-baker-eddie,swedenberg et-al,

yet we see the mouldy god of times past
being played out still in the minds of those calling themselves'gods'own today in palistein[now renamed is-real?]in the wholly god's[holy_lands]they cant blame'thiests'for a'thiest's completly

[a lack of'god/good'is simply ignorance,founding blindness and deafness in those who think basiclly the followers of god dont do the good[an omnipotant god should[in their minds]be doing

GODginen'freewill'[for them]is something their'version'of god allowing is simply[for them]unthinkable[thus they reject god by their mistaken belief of what they believe this got to be['or not be]

hell i cant even concieve'not god'[yet they can;because they never sought to know of him[avoided knowing it as a deliberate choice,then created their science replacement]LOL
Posted by one under god, Friday, 2 January 2009 10:10:32 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy