The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Even the television tells us that God is Green

Even the television tells us that God is Green

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Pelican

I use religious terms because much of what is 'established as science' by many of these people is actually faith. Evolutionist are the prime example. They know they have absolutely no answers for origins and then claim science backs their hopelessly inept conclusions. As a Christian I am happy that people define my belief as faith. Evolutionist dishonestly hide behind what is a pseudo science (blind faith).

Many environmentalist use very questionable science (blind faith) in trying to scare people into their way of thinking. The very thing they accuse people of faith doing they do themselves. Not to long ago 'scientist' using the same reasoning warned of the devastating effect of global cooling on our planet. Within a very short span of time all their predictions (prophecies) have been shown to be hilarious. Al Gore and Tim Flannery are revered among their followers. They might be nice people but their prophetic lies are clear to see by anyone who is prepared to at least test their ridiculous predictions.

People who ignore the Creator inevitably worship themselves or something else. When people murder the unborn and then want to save the whale you can be sure they are not worshiping their Creator
Posted by runner, Thursday, 13 November 2008 12:39:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree that it is not helpful to use terms like "gw high priests", and I had to stop and think about what on earth it refers to. My father's boss at the university in Hobart, in 1973-4, had already defined the mathematical modelling of global warming, and is known to be among a set of the first of those ecologists who seemed to realise it simultaneously in many places and warned the world. There are no high priests, only scared scientists, and a few idiots wondering how to make money out of preventing what is caused by too much money making. Not that there might not prove to be sustainable incomes for those who are first to take the plunge into truly sustainable development policies.

And as for God, why of course he is not green, but as surely as he is my witness, I know that when he directed humanity to take care of the birds and the bees, he did not intend for us to bludgeon one another with blaming and using sin as an excuse for over-production, over-consumption, and over-spending on things nobody ever really needed. When we consider God as Green, he can only be as green as he is red, about our care for the environment and all living beings.
Posted by Curaezipirid, Thursday, 13 November 2008 1:22:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Responding to "runner" now, about the matter of how we define faith, and faith versus science. There is a true theological position in which faith is defined as only what we know without a shadow of a doubt. Sort of exactly like science.

There is a definition which harks to the time of Moses, and is held onto by the Christian Followers of John the Baptist in the middle east, but interestingly enough, is also the same as Aboriginal lessons which accompany initiation. A definition of Holy Trinity. Like this:
Father = faith = activity
Son = hope = passive reception
Holy Ghost = love = reconciliation
Further:
Faith of consciousness is freedom
Faith of feeling is weakness
Faith of body is stupidity
Love of consciousness evokes the same in response
Love of feeling evokes the opposite
Love of body depends only on type and polarity
Hope of consciousness is strength
Hope of feeling is slavery
Hope of body is disease

The freedom of faith is the freedom of never being deluded, and science is our best hope in that.
Posted by Curaezipirid, Thursday, 13 November 2008 1:29:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner! You cant prove nothing either. Evolution first, and religion came next, and that's the facts jack!

You sit there and whinge and whinge and whinge! your mouth never stops flapping with about your imaginary friend, that no-one on this planet has any idea of its existence.

God is everything that man is! So if you care so much, jump off your computer and go and plant a tree or something!

Isn't that what God would do?I know your against abortion and euthanasia, just try and use what little imagination you have left to see what the worlds going to be like in the next 50 years.

We can make more people if we need them! until world population is back to a more sustainable natural balance, your ideas is going to flood the planet, and you dam know we are at the stress point at this moment.
There are tough decisions to be made, and not all of them are going to be nice.

You should be thanking god for making science, cause you seem to sit in front and use technology's with no problem and you cant even thank the good people of science, for making your life just a little better.

I asked your god four mouths ago if he could help to fix the planet.

I'm still waiting! So! whats a go?:)

EVO
Posted by EVO, Thursday, 13 November 2008 1:57:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner
It is interesting that despite overwhelming evidence you would call a belief in the concept of evolution as blind faith as opposed to the adherence to a religious belief despite lack of any evidence as faith. It just goes to show logic does not come into the religious debate but each to his/her own. One thing I will say is at least you are consistent. :)

The main goal we should all be striving for would be ('scuse the cliche') peace and harmony between all men/women. A respect for the right to hold an alternative view even if it does not marry with our own.

I usually watch Compass but missed this particular program. I have no doubt that people of various faiths would treat seriously the wellbeing of our planet. It is afterall vital for mankind.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 13 November 2008 3:42:26 PM
Peican

'have no doubt that people of various faiths would treat seriously the wellbeing of our planet. It is after all vital for mankind.'

I could not agree more.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 13 November 2008 5:05:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy