The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Professor Fiona Stanley asks for urgent help for Aboriginal Alcoholics and their Families .

Professor Fiona Stanley asks for urgent help for Aboriginal Alcoholics and their Families .

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
kartiya jim “Your Darwinian Theory of Evolution for Aboriginal People trying to live in an alien white world, is a cheap "do nothing" position that I believe is indefensible.

...and as for Americans "punishing themselves " by electing Obama that defies logic .

I suggest that the minority that DIDN'T vote for him are the ostriches .”

“Darwin” as a theory is still valid, largely because it can stand up to being contested

As for “Do Nothing”.. I did not suggest that at all.

I did observe the welfare support extended to aborigines is well in excess of the welfare and offer extended to non-aborigines and the “Do Anything” should not be so racially excessive but in parallel with that used to support other non-aboriginal Majority of Australians.

As for being supposedly “indefensible”,

Consider it so “defended”.

As for the “minority that DIDN’T vote for him”…
that minority was 46%, carrying 21 states, of the voting US electorate, a 7 % differential, with 52.7% carrying 28 states, voting for Obama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008

and that is a pretty substantial “minority” who you have arbitrarily condemned as “Ostriches”

and that is smaller than the 10% differential Reagan (republican) 50.7% carrying 44 states kicked Carter (democrat) 41% carrying 6 states, out of the white house in 1980
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1980

I would suggest you moderate your polemic denigration of voters, based purely on your own biased judgment of an election you are not qualified to participate in.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 19 November 2008 12:06:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col,

..And I thank the good Lord for That !
Posted by kartiya jim, Wednesday, 19 November 2008 12:58:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
kartiya jim "Col,

..And I thank the good Lord for That !"

mmmmm.... strange.....

I would say that is interesting except...

you fail to qualify exactly what you were thanking God Almighty for.....

the significant minority who voted for McCain/Palin

or

my observation to your polemic retardation.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 19 November 2008 4:22:43 PM
kartiya jim
Thank you for opening this thread. I seem to recall from reading other posts you have some first hand knowledge of some of these areas.

Its a pity the work started by Mal wasnt followed through.
Welfare has destroyed many proud person living in the regional areas.
There are capable aboriginal people with the skills to kick of uni ag projects plants small good value adding which could be owned and operated by aboriginal people.
They are not all lazy and you only need look at the Murrys to see that.
The problem is Governments have always kept control over the land for agriculture mining and other projects that were eared marked for their buddies.

We have got aboriginal people sitting on stations but they cant do anything with anybody regarding building factories or anything else because its tied up in red tape.

Its nice to know your still out there making polite informed comments. Your efforts are appreciated.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 19 November 2008 9:01:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To PALE,
Thanks; we shall soldier on if the cause is just.
Posted by kartiya jim, Monday, 24 November 2008 4:05:24 PM
kartiya jim,

No thank You . I just hope we can do something before it too late.
There is a worrying growing trend with some aboriginal organisations not to work with white people.
Of course you would be aware that in poor areas of any country thats in itself can be a area to breed trouble.
Not so long ago a programe we had been working on was taken over by new leaders.
The offer to them was the place was to be purchased for them FOR THEM.
A uni and Ag school and too many things to list were offered with support from the Government etc

Nobody bothered to get back to us. We couldnt understand it.

Finally the person told us nobody wanted to work with the whites regardless of what was being offered.
I am not talking bush area either.

In short if we dont get to the main stream and allow them to opertate a Biz or whatever under their own powers this country s going to be a mess IMOP.

Many aboriginals have diverted to Islam.
Yeh sure I know people will say I am being racist but I am not.
I have been watching this for a while now.

Mind you WHO could blame them after the way our Government have failed to respect them. We send more aid overseas than our own. Discusting. Who could blame them for being bitter.

AND if they are drunk who allowed them the grog.
Stinks

There are PLENTY of good aboriginal people who are capable of helping to turn things around BUT the Government needs to be honest.

Sure they got their land back in many cases BUT they are not allowed to add buildings etc
I respect the fact very much you cared enough to open this important thread.

PS Next time you do fishing near old Jaws take Col with you:)
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 24 November 2008 11:48:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy