The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Topless sunbathing - the magical and the modern.

Topless sunbathing - the magical and the modern.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Ludvig

"It is one of the silliest and sickest aspects of our society, that nudity per se should be considered offensive or taboo. We can’t even wander around our own back yard, or in our own house, if there is any chance of being seen by neighbours, for fear of them taking offence and dobbing us in for conducting illegal activities or shunning us for being a pervert."

I can't say that they won't dob you in, or shun you, but legally there's nothing to stop you going nude on your property if you're not visible from a public place. That is, I know of no law that prevents you going nude despite being visible to your neighbours.

Sylvia.
Posted by Sylvia Else, Saturday, 11 November 2006 8:13:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Sylvia, that’s news to me.

I don’t suppose you can refer me to where the relevant stuff is actually written in law.

I spend a lot of time in motel rooms too, where the same sort of thing applies. I just hate the concept of having to close the curtains because someone might see me naked or in my underwear.

There is still the issue of whether the strict legal situation matches general acceptable practice. I mean, people generally think that it is illegal to be seen naked in any situation other than a completely private one…. and I have no confidence that the police wouldn’t act on a complaint without bothering to find out the actual legal situation first. (Yes that’s right. I have no faith whatsoever that the police have a full understanding of the law that they are policing a lot of the time…..or that they really care too much either. It seems that police discretionary powers, or at least the way in which they are used (abused) extend beyond the law quite often…. and that they can just about always come up with something to justify their actions).

So, if nudity is legal if it is not visible from a public place, what about overt sexual acts?
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 11 November 2006 9:07:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludvig, I'll continue this in your rule of law thread. I think we've diverged a bit far here from the point of Graham's posting.

Sylvia.
Posted by Sylvia Else, Sunday, 12 November 2006 7:47:48 AM
With sophisticated photographic technology, covert photographing of citizens is happening regularly.

If this practice worries you, then don't expose your breasts in public places. If it doesn't, then go for it!

But you can't have it both ways!
Posted by dickie, Sunday, 12 November 2006 8:56:01 AM
the need to get that all over tan is puzzling, i mean - what is its immediate value away from the beach when fully clothed...where else would one show off your tannned tits as a 'public fashion statement'?

By the way, I've had brown tits all my life and no one has ever secretly photographed them...at least not as far as i know..

so-

if you go to beach (a popular tourist haven) don't think for a moment that everyone is using their camera's to take happy snaps..its the risk you take.
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 12 November 2006 10:14:16 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I remember recently seeing a group of girls interviewed who were working as topless hostesses at the Gold Coast Indy. This highly skilled work involved serving drinks without a shirt on. One girl said, 'it is great you can make $1500 per night just in tips.'

Perhaps the issue is not so much a lack of permission but a lack of payment.
Posted by Rob513264, Sunday, 12 November 2006 11:49:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy