The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Relevance of truth in life

Relevance of truth in life

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
as an avid reader I see Truth as an unchangable concept being chalenged by every body . In my belief system Truth is not subject changing circumstances But is static the same yesterday ,today and forever . I got quite excited while watching christian T.V. when it was reported that a new car is being developed in India running on compressed air for a cost of around $19000 U.S. per unit .
Specs : 4 & 6 seater
800 Km range per refill
Top speed 90 kms per hour
Once again validating genesis which says "nothing will be restrained from them [mankind],which theh have imagined to do".
Chalanges bring out the very best in mankind and these are very chalanging times
Posted by Richie 10, Sunday, 2 November 2008 12:19:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Richie
Isn' Truth an arbitrary concept when it comes to 'belief'. Truth and belief are not the same thing.

If you steal a lolly and someone asks you if you stole the lolly and you say yes I did, that is a simple truth.

But if someone asks 20 people of varying faiths what is the Truth - you will get 20 different answers. And all 20 will believe that their Truth is "the" only Truth.

Once upon a time it was considered that women who were thought to be witches (probably because they didn't kowtow to men or they mixed a few herbs into a poultice) would sink if thrown tied-up into a raging river - and if they were not witches God would save them and they would float to safety (I don't know the exact details). This was seen as the Truth.

In this case it could be argued that Truth is changeable depending on who has defined the rules that govern validity.
Posted by pelican, Sunday, 2 November 2008 5:28:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Richie 10.

If they havent got Gods Word they wont know what truth is anyway.

They will drift this way and that, pick up this theory or that (like many did on my Genesis account thread...they follow what other drifting men give to them as food) and just become flotsam on the 'currents' of life.
They will be at satans call and in time because of their drifting will accept even the coming Antichrist.
I wish you well with the thread.
Many here appear fresh out of highschool...all cocky with little determination.
Followers not leaders.

A dose of the Holy Bible would, of course, change them and set them free of others theories and make them Sons of God and independent of the world and the need to camp follow:)
Posted by Gibo, Sunday, 2 November 2008 8:19:50 PM
Oh Gibo! Gibo! I've heard some claptrap in my life but that takes the cake.

What is truth today will be tomorrows misunderstanding, Then there will be another truth, and so on ad infinitem.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 3 November 2008 9:34:39 AM
Truth is subject to everyone's own interpretations.

Some people believe what they are told.
Religious people fall into this category.

When I was growing up, we were told that only
Catholics went to heaven. I believed it at the time.

Last night I was watching the news on television,
and heard that the mother of one of the Bali
bombers thought that her son had done the right
thing. Her "truth" was that "infidels" did not
pray, therefore deserved to die.

I remember in our Psychology 1 class at uni, the
teacher organised an incident in class, where we
had to then write down what we had witnessed.
There were 25 students in the class with 25
different versions of what they thought they had
seen. Each convinced they were telling the "truth."

Truth is the opposite to falsehood. It is supposed to
be a verified or indisputable fact. However, it is not something
that is set in concrete. As we gain access to new information
our knowledge of the truth changes with time. Its part
of our development and growth as human beings.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 3 November 2008 9:51:54 AM
Truth is the true north referance point for the journey in life and without a compass or the ability to sail by the stars life is one long accident . Just along for the ride hoping you will be luckey ,a derivative from the word Lucifer , with no idea where you are going and not shipwrecked along the way. There is 2 responses to this post.
1.Just Who the hell does Richie 10 think he is , Reactive .
2. I don't understand what the hell he is talking about but I will shut my mouth open my eyes and observe and understanding WILL come. Proactive .
I have lived long enough to know without benchmarks there is no truth . Map making and serveying will tell you that
Posted by Richie 10, Monday, 3 November 2008 12:26:42 PM
Truth; Strewth. there is very little that we know to be true. There is a great deal which people claim is reasonable to believe to be true.
When Judge Jeffries had a woman before him who was charged with the crime of being a witch her defense was that there was no such thing as witches.
His response:
Of course there are witches for their are laws against witches and it is inconceivable that there would be a law against something that doesnt exist.
Posted by BAYGON, Monday, 3 November 2008 12:31:44 PM
we can never know the truth YET only the truth can set us free

[we can trust to know a truth,but knowing a truth and living it are divergent to the point untruths pervade]

so to expand lets start with some truths[or untruths]we conveniantly accept as being true enough

xmass is jesus birthday[no],jesus was god[no][dont get into satan-clause[the omnipresent god replacement knowing we been good or bad]

but hrh birth day must be true[wrong]
we must have constitutional rule surely[no]
paper money is just paper[only an unconstitutonal act made it legal tender,[constitutionally legal tender WILL ONLY BE GOLD and silver coin]
but surely the controlers of money are govt[fed reserve [well no,the fed reserve is OWNED and run by the member banks[for THEIR private proffit

well our taxes pay for the dole[no.govt lends paper /credit from the fed[then repays it and the intrest by allowing the fed ALL the tax [and ALL the fines[revenue raising[all govt income GOES strait to the fed

but lets go with the old truths from the bible[recall the law thou shalt not kill [well its not MURDER,there is a difference

well how about adultery
we shall not adulterate gods word[god is good ,loving living mercyfull[god dont judge [those who hear the voice of their master KNOW god is love,wrath comes NOT by gods will

god is the life giver[we chose to serve the life giver[or the life taker,[one is good[ie god] the other is hate fear lies and yes un truth]
so what is the relivance of truth[in material life]

to learn how to discern the wheat from the chaff[the sheep from the porkie pie[lie][in this realm alone hate and love ALONE can co-egsist[in the next realm we need to chose[the place of mercy,grace and love [or that other place of darkness and spite

but who is not telling the truth of how great gods love and mercy is
who is telling you that bankers caused[payed]for EVERY war ever fought[even ceaser was murdered because he issued his own money[ie didnt borrow from the money changers]but thats another story
Posted by one under god, Monday, 3 November 2008 8:48:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear under one God who was Jesus if he wasn't who he said and proved he was.
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 6 November 2008 10:57:51 AM
Well, we know that his real name was Brian and that he wasn't the Messiah - rather, he was just a naughty boy.

I know, because his Mum told me.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 6 November 2008 11:16:05 AM
Blessed are the cheese makers.
Posted by undidly, Thursday, 6 November 2008 1:29:17 PM
keep out of this big nose
Posted by BAYGON, Thursday, 6 November 2008 1:38:51 PM
Oh, stop thinking about sex.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 6 November 2008 2:29:53 PM
It's interesting that on a thread about truth Richie 10 in the 6th post on the thread says

"There is 2 responses to this post.
1.Just Who the hell does Richie 10 think he is , Reactive .
2. I don't understand what the hell he is talking about but I will shut my mouth open my eyes and observe and understanding WILL come. Proactive . "

Both the count of responses and the description of the responses are inaccurate. Perhaps Richie 10 believed that there were two classes of responses and in his view they fell into the two categories he described but it appeared to me that his descriptions were way off.

Truth, lies or examples of how truth can mean different things to different people?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 6 November 2008 2:53:55 PM
dear richie 10
please give me the location in the new test
where jesus said ;'i am god'

seeing me seeing my father is saying i am me
and seeing me is LIKE seeing dad[he isnt saying i am dad]

jesus was supposed to be called emanuel [god with us]

so why call ye he jesus?

god is not to be mocked
we are to put NONE before god
[not son nor christ]

if jesus said 'MY fathers house is divided'
[is he saying my house is divided?]

reveal where he said love 'me' and love neighbour

look my brother KNOW who's realm this is
the great decievers [get it?]

jesus was offered these realms in the temptation
[how could satan offer 'god' anything?

no doudt in my many readings of the new test i missed where jesus came to reveal himself ,please give the referances about jesus revealing he is god?

because he didnt

jesus said that we see him do we will do greater][greater than god?

is it not strange god [sic]dies before the other mere humans on a cross?

god is the only truth ,jesus came to reveal the light [just as john did before him
[noting jesus didnt begin his mission till john died]

for further thought

what more amasing?
born of 80 year old high priest parents
[born from a sterile OLD womans woumb [in legal matrimony]
concieved 3 mths earlier than jesus

or to a virgin ,but presumably fertile young child[that does not mean virginal ,to the judean mother who birthed him]and concieved him following advice from the same angel

i wont get into this turning of toilet water into booze
or feeding 4000 judeans sans the ritual handwashing

but this life is only about chosing and knowing and loving good[god]
we are free to believe as we chose

but the life giver GOD is the only truth
[of relivance in this life]and the next

THE DWELLING of god is with[in living] men
enthroned in ALL our living hearts

god is with[in] all of us
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 6 November 2008 3:03:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
why does jesus say eli [jesus ?] eli why have you [I ?]forsaken myself

when we finally get it
rev 21;22
I DID NOT SEE A TEMPLE IN THE CITY ,because god allmighty
AND THE LAMB..[who is this lamb?

thing is he saw NO TEMPLE
because god is enthroned in [IN}our heart

but explain
for the glory of god gives it light

and the lamb is its lamp
[rev21;23
does this mean the lamb is the light or the lamp?

this giving to the messengers
that rightfully due to god
is what adulterating gods word [adutery ] is about

what ya think the angel was measuring [a city created on feet of clay]
a huge expensive distraction ,of baubles ,with 12 foundations [wrought by many messengers
who have become more important than their mess-age

what is a mess-iah [bringing army-geddon]
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 6 November 2008 3:20:50 PM
Dear Under one god ,
This is an exerpt taken from introduction to the book of John
the Message
In Genesis , the first book of the bible , God is pesented as speaking the word and it happens: heaven and earth, oceans and streams, trees and grass, birds and fish, animals and humans. Everything seen and unseen, called into being by God"s spoken word.
In deliberate parallel to the opening words of Genesis, John presents God as speaking salvation into existence. This time God's word takes on human form and enters history in the person of Jesus.
Jesus speaks the word and it happens: forgivness and judgment,healing and illumination, mercy and grace, joy and love,freedom and resurrection . Everything broken and fallen, sinful and deseased, called into salvation by Gods spoken word.
For, somewhere along the line things went wrong {Genesis tells that story to.} and are in desperate need of fixing. The fixing is all accomplished by speaking--- God's salvation into being in the person ofJesus. Jesus in this account, not only speakes the word of God, he is the Word of God .
Unless God the Holy Spirit reveales this truth to you, under one god you will never get it because flesh and blood doesn't inherite the Kingdom of God, it only comes from revelation from the Father. The Trinity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit comes by devine revelation and is not interlectualy understood .
God Bless
Posted by Richie 10, Friday, 7 November 2008 4:22:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy