The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The post-2008 Election AUS-USA Relationship

The post-2008 Election AUS-USA Relationship

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Hello, one of my concerns is, now that Mr Obama and the Democrats seem likely to prevail on 4 November, could there be any repercussions for Australia? My hopes are that there would be no grudges held due to our past PM labelling him the terrorists' candidate of choice. Talk about meddling in the internal affairs of another country, that one would be near the top. The current PM could be faulted as well for prematurely endorsing Ms Clinton's bid. Then there is the matter of the AWB debacle, which may receive more attention over there after Mr Bush leaves office. What do you reckon?
Posted by Howie in Brissie, Friday, 24 October 2008 3:28:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think those things will cause any ripples, if anything, seeing as Rudd and Howard were adversaries, Howard's idiotic Obama comments aren't likely to ruffle things.

The relationship will change however, though I think the change in US economic policy will be a greater issue. There's likely to be a more protectionist approach regarding trade and this will have repercussions.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Friday, 24 October 2008 3:51:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I do not think you need to be concerned.
Our relationship will be better.
Both country's will have much greater concerns.
Economic ones.
We must not under value the very real financial crisis America is in.
And as a result the world.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 25 October 2008 4:39:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its going to interesting to watch.
I would have preferred the old McCain chap as President, mainly because of his war experience and the years he has up.
Obama...I thought a little limp.

Regardless of who's in office...they will not be the real power that those in the inner circles at the CIA and the Pentagon are.

I dont even think we own our own country.

Our own huge vulnerability to the great asian armies to the north
(our incredible irresponsibility in allowing Defence to rot for decades) makes us a slave to the US.

Once we allowed US secret bases thats was the end.
The Pentagon had us over a barrel.
Posted by Gibo, Saturday, 25 October 2008 9:05:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy