The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Pathway to Substance Abuse.

The Pathway to Substance Abuse.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
That's a joke, Faustino - right?

Check out his performance on this thread:

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=7899
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 9 October 2008 3:32:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fractelle and Faustino:

Whichever is the lesser of two evils!

I do NOT provoke,....but I certainly will retaliate when I consider the necessary action is required ( and if I consider the offender is worth the trouble! )

I do get a bit sickened with the continued sniping and indications of a screaming superiority complex whenever he enters nearly every Forum and endeavours to take total control of the whole issue!
Posted by Cuphandle, Thursday, 9 October 2008 5:34:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fausti....

you said:

“coming to God through Jesus” surely means (etc)-Vipassana is a way to do this.

I cannot see why JESUS is 'the' way to do this? Meditate on Him.... not on some 'system' mate. Prayer, reading his Words.

You saw the target "Jesus" you aimed..... you pulled the string of the bow back... and... let the arrow fly...but turned away at the last moment. Instead of hitting the target you hit a tree off to the left.

That would place the experience of the faith on a totally human level and would deny the true nature of both the Lord and true experience of Him.

When He said "I am THE way".... He mean't it. He, or contemplation of His life is not what it is about. It is an experience of His person, an actual renewal of heart through a relationship. Through knowing Him and having Him in your heart, mind and will.

When you say that Vippisana worked for you I quite believe it. I also feel it could 'work' so to speak for many others.
But that does not alter the primary fact that Peter expressed as follows:

He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name. (Acts 10:42)

"Coming to God through Jesus" is about forgiveness of sin, not the management of our own impurities, though that is a side effect of the relationship.

If we seek to deal only with out impurities apart from Christ.... it might make is more acceptable to our fellow man but what about to God against whom we have all sinned?

The forgiveness from God in Christ does not only begin at a specific point and take us forward...it meets us at a point and looks BACK as well as forward erasing all our dark past and promising a wonderful and bright future.
Posted by Polycarp, Sunday, 12 October 2008 6:26:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy