The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > When Discrimination laws....discriminate.

When Discrimination laws....discriminate.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. All
I'm glad it's not just me who can't make head nor tail of this.

Boaz, what is your point?

Yes, we know you don't like homosexuals. You have made that very clear on a number of occasions.

But it would appear that there is very little chance of his action succeeding -

"the law is stacked against the young people: religious groups in Victoria are allowed to discriminate against anyone as long as it is done due to 'genuine religious beliefs or principles'".

I'll refrain from asking the obvious "what does "genuine" mean in this context, but what exactly is the point you are trying to make?

Is this another version of your "Swedish Pastor was jailed for preaching in his own church" fiasco?

You know, the one where the Swedish Pastor wasn't jailed?

You must spend your entire life dredging up this stuff and fretting about it.

Get over it.

Incidentally, if there is anything at all that is immoral in this story, it is that the "resort is exempt from paying taxes because it is run by a church."

What bloody cheek! As honest taxpaying citizens, no wonder the gay support group is up in arms.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 8 September 2008 12:51:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.greghunt.org/Pages/article.aspx?ID=799
"Groups as diverse as the Bass Valley Land Care Group, Phillip Island Adventure Resort and Cowes Primary School will each receive up to $50,000 to harvest rainwater, install water-saving devices or recycle waste water."

They are also reported as being excused from tax liabilities. Should gays be excused from contributing tax's towards this resort?

http://cyc.org.au/piar - The home page for the camp site mentioned in the articles.

If you are taking money from the taxpayer and ebing excused from a tax obligation then it's not a private issue for the owners. If they pay back all public monies recieved (with compounded interest) along with tax's which would be paid by other operators then fine let them keep their property as a private resort.

Whilst their hands are in the public purse then stop the discrimination.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 8 September 2008 12:53:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Polycarp

<<Any religious group which regards certain practices as abominable, sick, disgusting, sinful must NEVER be forced to open their doors to those who practice these things.>>

I thought Jesus liked to hang out with sinners and tried to teach his disciples to do the same. Polly, wasn't your Jesus "the friend of tax collectors and sinners" (Luke 7:34)?

Wasn't it up to Jesus and not the Pharisees to forgive 'sinners'?

<<For me personally, (and for any serious Christian I believe), the thought that I, or my children could be forced to sleep in a bed used for homosexual acts is brain exploding. I would regard such a situation as absolutely intolerable.>>

Wasn't it Jesus who sought out the company of sinners, preferring them to the self-righteous?

<<The role of 'law' is pivotal here. If the U.N. convention on discrimination is upheld.. what about the 'U.N. Convention on Human Rights -religious freedom?>> But aren't you the same BOAZ who denied the very existence of Human Rights not so long ago? Have you now found the road to Damascus?

<<Firstly the use of the word "Infamous" is slanderous...and the subsequent connection with the O.B. is scurrilous. Any thoughts>>

Yes...about the pot calling the kettle black.
Posted by Spikey, Monday, 8 September 2008 1:24:57 PM
Though Jesus had former prostitutes and worshippers of Juno [homosexual] among his friends and converts, the reason that they now followed Jesus was because they denounced their abnormal sexual perversions. The NT identifies that these practises were former before they became converts.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 8 September 2008 3:26:18 PM
Hey, back up a little bit here!! Worshippers of Juno were homosexuals?
We're talking Juno the Roman Goddess of childbirth and fidelity in marriage,yeah? The very same goddess that every Roman prayed to for a happy marriage? THAT Juno translates into the patron saint of homosexuals?

Oh please, please point me to where, in the inerrant NT, this transformation took place?
Posted by Romany, Monday, 8 September 2008 8:07:42 PM
Unbelievable.

Prejudice and discrimination dressed up and disguised as moral outrage.

Where is the moral outrage for tax-free business dealings and for those other business owners who have to compete for the same tourist dollars in a non-competitive market?
Posted by pelican, Monday, 8 September 2008 8:08:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy