The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Can we have more stories?

Can we have more stories?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I guess is that the lives of those who post on this sites are probably for the most part a bit out of the ordinary. A lack of desire to put the important stuff of our lives up in a public space with no control over the readership does not imply blandness, rather some desire for privacy or control over who we share that stuff with.

There are some things I'd not like to share in a public forum but a "this is my life" with them left out would be dishonest.

Discussing the detail of someones story also gets messy. A poorly phrased sentence and the difference between flaming and comment could be very narrow.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 18 July 2008 3:38:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sancho the site is Australian Politics too, so we talk politics but please remember not always my side or nothing.
A life long member of the ALP I often take my side to task.
Currently in NSW we are on death row.
And a leader out of touch with his rank and file, supported by a few from another planet are intent on our death.
Hows that for bias?
Gibo mate bland?
The site is doing well, we get a voice here we learn too.
Leave it as it is.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 19 July 2008 7:49:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gibo: Bland is not a word I would use to describe this forum- on the contrary, it has a great deal of lively debate and can be quite fun. It is extremely judgmental of you to assume the lives of OLO contributers are small and dull. You know nothing of the lives of contributers and based on your narrow minded comments- lets leave it that way.
Posted by TammyJo, Monday, 21 July 2008 10:14:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy