The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Queensland nude beaches - an example of chronic hypocrisy in law and governance

Queensland nude beaches - an example of chronic hypocrisy in law and governance

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
SIG,
I do not need to give stats and figures. I am giving my opinion and you obviously did not spend long looking up FGM, judging by your ignorance of the issue. You are simply making excuses for Government inaction and hypocracy.

These are Aussie born girls that are being mutilated! One Sydney hospital alone has a specific department to treat patients with post FGM problems and they treat 50 a year For at least 14 years there has been education and still FGM is carried out. The last correspondence I received from the NSW Minister for Health it was stated that there were (wait for it) 'cultural considerations' Can you believe this, pieces of flesh are being hacked off Aussie girls, most likely on kitchen tables, and the Government is concerned about cultural issues,

There are no stats for FGM prosecutions because there have been no prosecutions yet we regularly see reports of cockfight raids. Go figure that.

Ludwig is right about Government hypocracy. Turning a blind eye to beach nudity is one and a blind eye to FGM is another glaring example.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 13 July 2008 3:01:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On the subject of anomalies in law enforcement, over a 3 month period I reported to the police the number plates of a car driven by some youths that were trying to yank a street sign off a pole one night and a ute driven by a drunk that nearly ran me down at a zebra crossing because he didn't see me (I know this because he stopped to kindly tell how lucky I was, as he was "Bliiiind!").

The cops were quick to get back to me on the pole incident asking me if I wanted to go to court etc etc. But not a boo about the drunk driver.

Now you'd think the drunk driver would have got the treatment, but no. The problem here is that path-of-least-resistance policing is going on: that is, if it's too hard, they just ignore it. They keep their gunpowder dry for hammering those easy targets who do a little bit wrong.
Posted by RobP, Sunday, 13 July 2008 3:16:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo i may have talked through this once with you before... Genital mutilation doesn't require a gender prefix: It affects both sexes....in fact male genital mutilation is far more common. It's hypocritical to mention about FGM while deliberately refusing to mention MGM. Next time just say cicrumcision on any child, alright? This sexism does you no good at all.
Posted by Steel, Sunday, 13 July 2008 3:53:25 PM
Steel,
I know you have an obsesseion with male circumcission but if i chose to show FGM as a seperate unlawful practice I will. OK!

FGM is shown on this thread as another example of Government hypocracy in ignoring an unlawful practice, instead of upholding the existing law or changing it. Government hypocracy was the basis of Ludwig's original thread. I would like others to show more examples as there must be many.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 13 July 2008 4:18:13 PM
I don't have an obsession with it. It's more that you have some quirky, sexist obsession with female circumcision and i am compelled to call you on it.
Posted by Steel, Sunday, 13 July 2008 9:15:53 PM
Steel,
You have demonstrated your obsession with male circumsission by barging in with your views on other threads where FGM was discussed. You could start a thread on the matter yourself.

I believe you to be an obsessed dropkick and I should not have even replied to your post after the comments you made about huffnpuff. It won't happen again.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 13 July 2008 9:43:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy