The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bring Schapelle Corby home...

Bring Schapelle Corby home...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
Good afternoon to you - PHILIPS...

Actually, I've followed COL R.'s standpoint for quite sometime in these august deliberations. Generally, I reckon he presents as an individual who exhibits superior social mature, accompanied by a relatively shrewd and balanced arguement.

It's also been asserted by some herein, that COL R. (when negatively challenged) engages in language of a kind that is both invective or at the very least, intemperate in it's delivery.

As I type these humble musings of mine, I just heard on the radio, (3AW) three of the Bali 9 had just lost their final (judicial) appeal to the Indonesion Supreme Court. Apparently, there's no further appeal available to them (except to the President himself, I expect?). Further, the presenter (Mr HINCH) had received word (unofficially) the execution could take place in as little as forty eight hours time ? Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Personally, nothwithstanding the fact that I'm a veteran and a retired copper...I do NOT support the Death Penalty - Period !

I better get off this thread now, lest I inadvertently promote a Death Penalty debate?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 17 July 2008 5:02:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu, I believe it was the Bali bombers who have exhausted all avenues of appeal. I share your disgust at the death penalty, even for these people.

In respect of the Bali 9, I would hope that our Government of the time when their appeals are exhausted would make every effort to intercede to have the executions commuted.

To return to the original topic, avoiding being diverted by the attention-seeking tantrums of poor old Col, whilst I have little doubt that Schapelle Corby knew what was in here luggage and is therefore guilty, I would hope the Government of today might intercede to have her extradited to serve her time here. In the scheme of things, 4kg or so isn't much pot.
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 17 July 2008 7:23:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O sung wu “that COL R. (when negatively challenged) engages in language of a kind that is both invective or at the very least, intemperate in it's delivery.”

When the challenge is to the person and not the topic, some might suggest I am intemperate, I view it simply as returning in kind.

Hence, we may disagree and challenge each others view but you do not descend to the vitriol and ad hominines which some hurl with presumed impunity.

An ‘impunity’ which I must say, find irresistible to challenge.

Antiseptic, You still lack something,

I suggest apply yourself to your posts (as in an application of ‘antiseptic’ salve) and you might just rise above what you seem to be becoming, a chronically infected pustile
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 17 July 2008 7:43:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Col,

You told Antiseptic that he 'lacked something.'

So do you.

If you want to insult someone, at least
get the spelling correct.

It should be 'pustule,'
not 'pustile.'
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 17 July 2008 11:13:57 PM
Oh god we're onto correcting spelling now. May I apologise in advance for my own lack of attention to detail. Actually not, it's a time and care equation for me. Something about get a life comes into my mind...
Posted by Usual Suspect, Friday, 18 July 2008 8:41:51 AM
Dear Usual Suspect,

You've read it wrong.

It's not about correcting the spelling.

It's about trying to raise the level
of certain posts on this thread - elevate them out of
"scumbag" tactics. Get them to avoid stooping
to personal insults.

But, perhaps you're right.

In future I'll think twice.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 18 July 2008 9:41:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All