The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A charming pensioner stands aaccused of murder..

A charming pensioner stands aaccused of murder..

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Anyone else want to join the dimwit chorus?

CJ Morgan: "No need for thinly veiled anti-Semitic conspiracy theories here."

I agree. Would you care to point out where I have suggested he should not be tried, or that it is a bad thing that he be held to account if he did it? All I have suggested is that (assuming guilt is proven) if he had killed someone of a different religious background, it's a lay-down misere that he'd be permitted to live out his days without facing a trial, rightly or wrongly. The fact is that the Israeli State and many individual Jewish people make a point of finding and having prosecutions brought against people for crimes that are alleged to have been committed during WW2, a period when crimes of much greater magnitude than this one were committed daily all over the world. Let's move on, people! We all acknowledge that the holocaust was a terrible thing and we all acknowledge that the Jewish peoples suffered terribly, but it's 63 years ago and 3 generations have been born since. Let the vengeance thing go, it's over.
Posted by Antiseptic, Monday, 16 June 2008 10:46:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Everyone is right murder is murder and criminals should pay who ever they are we all agree there.

Now if this man had been accused of murdering non Jews would he be trialed? Simple answer no! See the link I first posted of the Jew who murder 1500 civilians and was given a hero’s welcome when he fled to Israel. Where were the people of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre when this Solomon Morel was on the loose? They didn’t care!

Groups like the Simon Wiesenthal Centre are not interested in justice for all victims of crimes during and in the after marth of ww2 they are only interested in revenge! For this reason alone they are not creditable as they have an interest in having people thrown in jail no matter how little the evidence. It also must be said that the Simon Wiesenthal Centre is funded by Jewish groups and if they are not having big show trials the funding for them will quickly dry up.

If these Jews don’t get him for murder at least they will in a typical Jewish fashion get schadenfreuden from bankrupting this old man.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23861127-5006789,00.html

Simple rules of war!

The winners make the rules! By default the Jews being victims of our enemy make them to be on the winning side! So Jews can get all the justice they want (fabricated or not) but if the victims are women and children of German decent there will be no justice no matter how much independent evidence you provide.

Col Rouge – You did not say if support having Jewish war criminals bought to justice! Well what is your stance?
Posted by EasyTimes, Monday, 16 June 2008 10:47:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is certainly a high level of anti-Jewish sentiment among OLO posters.

I often become tired of holocaust 'talk', but then I remind myself that I wasn't involved; I have no idea of what the trauma has done to Jews still living and what their memories have done to their descendants.

Anybody who has killed anyone for any reason except self-defence should be brought to book, no matter how old or "charming" they are.
Posted by Mr. Right, Monday, 16 June 2008 10:48:59 AM
Col Rouge you stated "Foxy your deflection into the history of Hungary is deficient (nothing new in that from you), . . . "

That was an incredibly rude, mean-spirited and arrogant comment you made to Foxy.

What is deficient is your capacity to interact in a sensible and respectful way. An apology is in order
Posted by TammyJo, Monday, 16 June 2008 10:54:01 AM
Dear Easy Times,

Thank you for the website. I appreciate it.

This Zentai case reminds me of a bad TV movie - where a police officer goes to great lengths to pursue a suspect - for his own agenda.

Col Rouge tried to point out - Hungary is no longer under the Soviet yoke. However, if that's true - why are they relying on evidence from that period?

In the past - 'evidence' was produced accusing people of 'war crimes'
where those people were too young to have been able to participate in the events they were accused of.

The accusations occurred because those people were active in the West
in anti-Soviet activities.

I can't help but wonder what hidden agenda is driving this case.

As Simon Wiesenthal declared when he retired in 2003, the time for pursuing those responsible for the Holocaust was over. "If there were any left, they'd be too old and weak to stand trial today...My work is done."
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 June 2008 11:09:03 AM
Well this is interesting. Here I'm concurring with Dickie and Mr Right, and disagreeing with Foxy. Most unusual.

I see your point, Foxy, in that it's hard to bring evidence against him and from so many years ago, establishing the reliability of said evidence will be very difficult.

But the system's weighted to take that into account. Sometimes, I think it's weighted that way a little too much. I've witnessed trials where there's been no doubt that severe life-threatening violence was inflicted upon someone in the most unlikely of circumstances, but because there was a possible chance it was an accident (you'd really be shocked how implausible this 'accident' was) they were acquitted.

So if indeed the evidence is flimsy, it is not difficult for a halfway competent defense counsel to achieve a not guilty verdict.

What you're getting at is that it should apply to everyone, not just be used as a tool to reinforce the horrors of the holocaust. I concur that yes, everybody, including this man, should be brought to trial for their day in court.

As for whether he's charming or not, or a seemingly pleasant pensioner, I think that's irrelevant and I'd be worried if this really was taken into account. Apparently the SS had a number of charming types, who were considerably less charming when it came to their duties.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 16 June 2008 1:11:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy