The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Time to change the age of consent?

Time to change the age of consent?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
US “Well I've always thought it unfair that teenage tax payers aren't allowed to vote.”

Yes, of course, taxation without representation, people have gone to war over it in the past.

For myself, I would be content to forego the responsibility of children having to pay tax.

Unfortunately, a lot of our brethren from the left plus the ATO hold a less magnanimous view, especially toward those kids who ‘earn’ via a family trust.
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 13 June 2008 10:46:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But what about the children?

Surely it's the long term reaction of the young boy or girl that matters, not the reaction of society?
Posted by freediver, Friday, 13 June 2008 11:16:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
freediver,

There's two different issues. The law, and the sentences handed down. I suppose what I am saying, is if you're not going to gaol women for shagging their 15yo students, and most people find this acceptable, what's the point of the law?
Posted by Usual Suspect, Friday, 13 June 2008 11:27:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
US.. this has now become the 'orthodox' terminology in debate between we 'values' driven gb's and the 'flexible' mob ..atheists etc '

MIUAUG= MAKE IT UP AS U GO :) ( ya know..ethics..morality)

....what's that.. another voice ? *looks around*.. ohh nooooo its CJ.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 13 June 2008 12:51:52 PM
BOAZ,

Wouldn't it be MIUAYG?
Hmm. If you're sticking to values of the bible, I'm sure in the old days a 13yo was considered mature enough to marry when the bible was written.

I'm sure atheists are values driven just as much as gb's (god botherers?).

Is BOAZ an acronym?
Posted by Usual Suspect, Friday, 13 June 2008 1:14:31 PM
Hi US..no..not an acryonym- BOAZ is an old testament character of good character :)

I use U instead of Y..no special reason. (reflects lazy to write YOU and U suffices)

Yes, of course atheists also have values..I've never denied that.

What I have said is they don't have any foundation for them other than loud voices and personal choice.

Todays illegality of homosexual behavior in Tasmania is tomorrows 'gay pride day'.... 20 yrs of activism did it.

"Loud voices" coupled with weak willed people who don't like to be thought of as 'intolerant'....

The most predictable but stupid part of Rodney Croom's statement about the anniversary of their first protest was that he described the Laws against homosexual acts as 'hate filled'.... so..I guess we all 'HATE' people who do white collar crime? I rather thought such things were mean't to be emotionless and more about justice, not hate or revenge.

Well..as one USA newsreader used to say "That's..how it is"
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 13 June 2008 4:11:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy