The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fuel Watch The Best Concept Since Sliced Bread

Fuel Watch The Best Concept Since Sliced Bread

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I have been using fuel watch for six years and I receive a daily e-mail from the West Australian Government that tells me on a Daily basis the cheapest Diesel close to my Suburb. It is often six cents lower than those Companies that always rip you off and I can still use my shopper docket to go to the Service Station of my choice. I save at least ten cents a litre weekly I always fill up on a Saturday because I even get it 2 cent cheaper again when I buy a paper. Website http://fuelwatch.wa.gov.au.
and e-mail fuelwatch@docep.wa.gov.au
I have to admit Brendan Nelson is wrong to suggest 5 cents off a litre is the way to go. If that did happen the Petrol Multi Nationals would only increase the price of fuel by 5 cents which would go into their pockets once again. I purchased 96 dollars of Diesel last Saturday and with my Store card I got 10 cents off a litre do you know what the reduction was on my fuel bill ? A measly $5.50 what a joke 5% of a hundred dollars please please Brendan and Malcolm please refrain from making fools of yourselves it is embarrasing.
Posted by Julie Vickers, Friday, 30 May 2008 11:40:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like the sliced bread bit, which is a bit of a problem for my waist.
If fuel is going to go up bigtime why dont we just all go back to smaller cars.
Back in the late 60's I had a Honda Scamp...two cylinders and 600cc air-cooled.
It did fine... only filled it up once every 6 months:)
Perhaps by inviting companies like Diahatsu back in, we could see the nation flooded with small cars.
Got to do something about the semi trailers though?
Small cars are like jam underneath their wheels.
Posted by Gibo, Saturday, 31 May 2008 8:56:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Julie,what happened to the seatbelt snapper,petrol sniffing party?Chair,if ever a moment so rare was captured for Troy to compare...
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 31 May 2008 9:11:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AH Julie more stirring carry on it helps to keep us thinking, fuel watch bet my mate Kev wished he had never heard of it.
No saving that matter can come without a very big drop in international oil prices.
Use LPG buy a smaller cheaper car that runs on a fuel we have right here.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 1 June 2008 8:29:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is a good subject to bring up for debate Julie. Thankyou.

But my feeling is that Fuelwatch is a piss in the wind, of stuff-all consequence, except to sidetrack the debate that really matters: inexorably rising fuel prices and what we need to do to wean ourselves off our dependence on the stuff, from personal to federal government levels.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 1 June 2008 11:19:05 AM
Ludwig

In full agreement with your post.

So far all the Rudd government has done is to appear as if it is doing something. Which I guess is a step up from the Howard head-in-sand approach to sustainability.

Instead of expending all our energy here on OLO, we really need to be lobbying our pollies at both state and federal level for ACTION.

Having said that I'd better practise what I preach and get on with it.

As for Fuel-Watch, in Victoria the RACV has had a fuel-watch on their website for yonks and I check it regularly. However, in the big scheme of things, we really need to ramp up alternative energy sources, like NOW.
Posted by Fractelle, Sunday, 1 June 2008 11:26:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy