The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Child Support and Parents. Is it as unfair as mothers claim?

Child Support and Parents. Is it as unfair as mothers claim?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I hear and read so many opinions on how single mothers are hard done by, by their child support payments. I don't think these mothers are thinking about how hard done by the fathers are. I am in a situation where my partner has to pay child support for 2 children that we have not seen in over 2 years. As far as I'm concerned if he isn't allowed to see his children and have no decision in their upbringing then he should have to pay nothing. It was the mother that made the decision to make sure that the children never seen their father again by making false allegations. We pay child support because we have to and she is constantly asking for a review as she is never getting enough money. How much is enough? It is the big question. She recieved the house and all the contents in it and the car and he got his clothes. But in return she gets money every month. Mind you this money we have already paid tax on and she gets it tax free, yet the formula that is used to work out the amount of child support paid is based on your Gross income. There are decent parents out there that do the right thing and others that don't. What is really fair?
Posted by Jossie, Saturday, 10 May 2008 7:12:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I find it interesting the only women who seem to have trouble with the bias in family law are the ones who partner up with divorced men with kids and see the inequities of the system first hand.

I read an interesting comment the other day. A woman can put her child up for adoption, and pay no child support. If a woman decides she hasn't the financial or emotional capabilities to look after a child, she can simply opt out.

Men are responsible for their children regardless, even if their partner has sole custody and never even lets them see the child, and they have no right even to demand proof they are the father in the first place.

There's something seriously wrong in all this.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Monday, 12 May 2008 9:08:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I read an interesting comment the other day. A woman can put her child up for adoption, and pay no child support. If a woman decides she hasn't the financial or emotional capabilities to look after a child, she can simply opt out. " Posted by Usual Suspect, Monday, 12 May 2008 9:08:12 AM

Oh Usual Suspect- what unfortunate words you chose to make your point. Giving a child up for adoption is not "opting out". It is a very painful and soul searing decision to make and not one that is ever taken lightly.

That said, child support is a highly emotive topic. However, changes are happening now. As of July 1, 2008, the combined incomes of both parents are more accurately calculated into the equation. In addition, the formula has changed and is considered after tax. At least progress is being made.

I agree that keeping a child away from the non-custodial parent is absolutely unacceptable. The insanity that can occur post-relationship breakups defys logic. Children have only one mom and one dad- and the children certainly did not ask for the situation they are in. Unfortunately though, there is no legislating for selfish and unreasonable behaviour among bitter filled parents.
Posted by TammyJo, Monday, 12 May 2008 9:45:33 AM
yes indeed all the old boo hoos are being regenerated as we head for 1 July 2008 and the Professor Parkinson "new formula", even the good old DNA issues.

But all are just just boo hoo as the next thing to come up is the next round of funding for these secret wimmens business groups, now joined by Howard/Ruddock Cash for Comment "mens groups"

But will Kevin 07 just continue to hand out these $80,000 pa funding packages?

Oh yeah, any bloke can apply to a court for parentage testesting - I do them all the time, so one myth exploded, 2,645 to go

of course no lawyer will tell you your rights as they ARE the Family Law Industry that makes $20 billion pa out of blokes
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Monday, 12 May 2008 10:31:01 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
and by an amazing coincidence I just posted my lastest "Boo Hoo Buster" at

http://ktabforum1.com/for0701/viewtopic.php?t=67

So the big question is why is the taxpayer ALSO funding Buttercup when the [deadbeat] dad is already OVERpaying?
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Monday, 12 May 2008 12:47:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tammy Jo,

'It is a very painful and soul searing decision to make and not one that is ever taken lightly.'

Indeed. But why do we assume the man takes it lightly? And regardless of what the man wants, he still has to pay to bring up his child. Women 'own' the children. Men's financial responsibility for a child is determinied by the mothers wants. Unless a man can override the woman's option for adoption, and then make the women make CSA payments to him?

Divorce Doctor,

', any bloke can apply to a court for parentage testesting '
Really? What are his chances of success? Does he not need the mothers consent?
Posted by Usual Suspect, Monday, 12 May 2008 12:55:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy