The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tattoos- more than body art?

Tattoos- more than body art?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
is tattooing more than body art?
Posted by Bek, Friday, 9 May 2008 3:17:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bek,

Is a tattoo more than body art? Yes. I believe it is. A person usually gets a tattoo for a special reason. And the reason and the type of tattoo is very subjective.

There are many different kinds of tattoos, from cultural symbols, tribal tattoos, Chinese and Japanese, famous symbols (Christian - religious, flower, birds and so on), rainbow tattoos, and the list goes on.

I got mine on my 35th Birthday.
To me it was a form of self-expression.

I've never regretted doing it.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 11 May 2008 10:43:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tatts are body art but can also be a means of making a statement or, as in my case, to declare my roots. I'll probably get another soon if a certain event comes to pass.

As the old Who song 'Tattoo' goes, 'you'll be there when I die'.
Posted by Austin Powerless, Monday, 12 May 2008 1:21:01 PM
Definitely more than Art !

I am seriously thinking of getting one .

My interests lead me to finding a simple, single colour arm tatoo of an Aboriginal sand painting design - one that has a story with it of religious significance and one that has, like the Maori designs, thousands of years of history behind it .
Posted by kartiya jim, Monday, 12 May 2008 6:59:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy