The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sensible, bi-partisan debating...

Sensible, bi-partisan debating...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
"Those who just blather hate and contempt (Ginx)"

"Personal insults, well.. I do agree, they don't help any argument. (Ginx.....)" (BOZO)

You mean, as opposed to those who are consistently hypocritical in their criticism of others BOZO??

I cannot believe you are stupid enough to be oblivious to your own double standards.

Sensible, bi-partisan debating will only be such for each individual if those,-(who they accept have a right to disagree);-disagree in a manner which is acceptable to the disagreed with!!

In other words, sensible bi-partisan debating is entirely subjective.

Even in this thread that is clearly showing itself!
Posted by Ginx, Wednesday, 30 April 2008 1:19:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've always believed that emotionally charged words that are more likely to produce more heat than light should be avoided in a debate.
For example, the racial, ethnic, or religious hate words.

However, we're only human, and when push comes to shove - we react.

It's interesting to me to get a variety of opinions on this topic.
And to see what to avoid doing in the future.
'Cause I've made quite a few big ' boo boos' - that even today - I feel embarrassed just thinking about. (Derailing - poor Rob's thread on 'New Sexism?' with my stupid jokes, for one. What was I thinking?
I did not intentionally intend to derail - but as another poster pointed out - I succeeded in doing just that.
I should have taken the discussion far more seriously... )

Anyway, you live and learn.(Never again).

Thank You All for your inputs. They are appreciated.

As I've said in the past - I love this Forum - and you guys are all a major part of it.

Take Care - and please keep posting.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 30 April 2008 1:55:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sensible! name one thing in this world that is sensible! Words on a screen. I think most of you don't even have a life! You nerdy, judgemental, hypocrites. You play war with words, but do nothing.
Posted by evolution, Wednesday, 30 April 2008 11:20:55 PM
The Labor Party in Perliament should be above all of the mockery and ridicule that is dished out by a poor rag bag coalition.
I find that Kevin Rudd, Lindsay Tanner, Anthony Albanese Jenny Macklin and Peter Garrett are always respectful. On the Coalition benches Peter Costello, Tony Abbott, John Howard, Alexander Downer were always extremely rude and arrogant. We all on OLO should set a fine example and refrain from calling each other idiots as that in only insulting to the mentally impaired.
Posted by Bronco Lane, Wednesday, 30 April 2008 11:35:39 PM
Mentally impaired. Interesting choice of words.
Posted by evolution, Wednesday, 30 April 2008 11:50:08 PM
ah yes but my very favourite polly Keating called a spade a shovel and shovelled sh** all over Howard

but unfortunately his lovely arrogance went over the top so "the people" voted for "honest john" who then screwed us for 11 years

but the people loved being screwed, and many wish they still MIGHT be

and the band played Waltzing Matilda
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Wednesday, 30 April 2008 11:50:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy