The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Journey.

A Journey.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
"It might have something to do with the fact that David's contributions are always certain to provoke the very comments that have been posted."

yes indeed, same as in UTube, same as why Howard poured millions into Cash for Comment Family Law [men's] websites, ie EVERYTHING is a business, hence my detailed explanations in my book that lawyers do NOT have any obligation at all to dispense "justice", but merely to make money

and in all this, "Boo Hoo/Agro" sells

so in UTube the most repetitive hard core swearing/abuse in the comments is welcomed but woe betide any constructive comment that seeks to SETTLE a matter [or a url to somewhere else gets aborted at birth]

david is a natural loony so is loved by the forum

he may well be a glove puppet [ie not a real person] which is a favourite trick in Cash for Comment sites to get the "toxic masculinity" at fever pitch
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Tuesday, 29 April 2008 7:31:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Most interesting comments from Pelican,Pericles and DD.

DD says it all.. 'generate comment'.. good grief.. I learn things every day here. My current fave is 'monomania' -Thanx Pericles:)

No one has yet commented on this 'Knowledge Seminar'..so I assume no one has come across it.

Pelican. One of the issues my mate and I discussed in our journey, was the checks and balances in our legal system. Its because of those, (rightly or wrongly) that the person (and others) concerned can walk free until enough evidence is presented to bring a conviction.

Sadly, as I was at the trial of the 12 men in Melbourne the other day, I came in on this.

-Prosecution was complaining about the Judge not allowing some aspects of testimony. They said "Your honour, this is crucial to our case"..
-His honour said something I didn't completely catch, but ended with 'So I see no reason to change it' (referring to his decision re admissability)
-The defense then proceeded to dredge up things from many years ago, to try to destroy the credibility of the prime witness.

But considering that one of the reported objectives of the group was 'blow up the MCG during grand final' (herald sun) I rather think its better to err on the side of caution..don't you?

The 'has not been convicted of any crime' is one of the most oft used weapons of lawyers (and leftards) to prevent justice being done or the public interest being protected.

If a man parks a distance from a store he knows might arouse suspicion if his hijabed family is in the car outside it, intuitively, given the background, one is justifiably cautious.

You see.. I'd rather put the boom gates at the crossing BEFORE the next fatality.

Pericles has yet to realize, that such things are driven by doctrine, not delusion. This is why he diligently dishes up the dirt on me :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 30 April 2008 6:11:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The 'has not been convicted of any crime' is one of the most oft used weapons of lawyers (and leftards) to prevent justice being done or the public interest being protected."

Not only by the left David but I think you might find it one of the foundations of our justice system. In a civilised society 'innocent until proven guilty' is a premise and right of any person. The fact that David Hicks could be held for years without trial is an example of what can happen if we become too flippant about justice. Even the Prosecutor has come out recently stating that Hicks was not 'dangerous' and it was the real terror cases he wanted and the Hicks case was thrust apon him for political reasons.

The new anti-terrorism legislation was introduced ostensibly to make it easier for law enforcement to protect the public from terrorism and as you say before the BOOM gate has lowered.

However, when laws are enacted "in the public interest" we have to be careful not to change the very fabric of democracy and freedom as we understand it, or we become the perpetrators of human rights abuse rather than the protectors. Getting the recipe right on your "checks and balances" can be a tricky one.

I am not saying I disagree with all of the legislation by the way just that we have to be careful on what we 'wish for' and that the 'fear' factor is not over-emphasised or construed for various purposes.

The scariest thing about recognising that there are terrorists in Australia is that minority groups may be unfairly discriminated against which is the very thing we are trying to protect. I would also imagine that terrorist suspects are not left free to wander the streets as you say but are monitored very closely.

Don't imagine that 'innocent' Muslims would not park away from a particular store if his car was full of hijabed women - it is attitudes like yours that will make it essential that he does.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 30 April 2008 9:19:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"David one thing if I can be so bold...would you be inferring the same motives to a white anglo-saxon male who happened to park a block away from a Co-op store? Products like ammonium nitrate are common purchases by those on the land (or avid non-organic gardeners). I am not certain but I think suppliers are required by law to report large purchases of particular dangerous chemicals."

this obsession by Howard, even stating on his Terror Fridge Magnet, about "fertilisers, like in Oklahoma bombing" really fascinates me, having read "Others Unknown" [first edition before Jones too got paid off] by the defence lawyer for Tim McVeigh

book was about the huge lengths the govt went to to blame it on a couple of ragarses and cover up all mention of a cat named bin Laden, who simply used it as intelligence of what would and would not work for twin towers

central to all evidence was that it was not a nitrate bomb, a nitrate bomb could not have done that damage [from Scotland Yard testimony] and that Tim and the Farmer [Nichols] had had no success in even blowing up old cars with it

meanwhile the cop who saw the real bombs while trying to save people was killed [by CIA I assume]

so why did Howard make such a totally false stance in his own terror campaign? - was this just Congoline stuff, but remember Oklahoma was on Clinton watch

so was the twin tower thing a totally bi partisan approved bin Laden gig given the cover up of his experiments in Oklahoma

and please read the book if you can get a copy, a real eye opener
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Thursday, 1 May 2008 2:11:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy